X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    No. He offered up Hillary would destroy the country with nothing to back it up. If I don't back up my claims I get destroyed.
    Yep. He said he couldn't vote for Hillary, because just like Trump, she'd end up destroying the country, only in different ways. When asked to clarify in what ways, he's run away and avoided the question. You know, because both sides are equally bad.

That's what he does. He offers up the most general of complaints, "this country can't keep on going the way it is"; "we need to end the partisan bickering", "Hillary will destroy the country", but offers up no evidence to support his "opinion", nor any solution to the problems, other than "both sides are to blame, and have to quit it".

It's like saying the firefighters and the arsonist are both equally to blame for your house burning down, cause you didn't like the way the firefighters approached combating the fire.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      So this makes everything he says moot?
      No. But that's all he has to say. "Both sides are equally bad". No evidence, no statistics, no data, just a blandest of generalities.

He can't vote for Democrats, cause they just answer to the 1% like Republicans do, despite the multitude of evidence that their policies have been nowhere near as destructive to this country as those pursued by Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Weren't their problems when Dems were in control?
        Sure. Who was working to fix them, and who was working to make them worse?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Sure. Who was working to fix them, and who was working to make them worse?
          You'd think the dems would win every election if this was true.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

You would if you knew nothing about money or dog whistles.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              They probably would if you eliminate gerrymandering and voter suppression. The only tools the right has left.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I don't care if he didn't vote or not. If you didn't vote Democrat you're part of the problem. Still waiting for the "Hillary will destroy the country" explanation.
                vince foster wishes he could vote........
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  They probably would if you eliminate gerrymandering. The only tools the right has left.
                  how does this jibe with that district that goes through the battery tunnel we saw last week?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Whatever happened to the idea of respecting a person's decision to either vote or not vote? You guys have sat here and attacked Brent for 13 months over his decision not to cast a vote. No disrespect intended, but it's none of your god**** business whether, or why, he chose to sit out that vote.
                    This is true. But the reverse will be true as well, if he is going to make it known how he voted they have the right to criticize him for it.

Personally I find the whole argument pretty boring and every looks bad because it is obvious everyone is talking past each other and no one is paying attention to what is actually being said. Both sides just want to sound super cool and smart.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                      W The F are you talking about? Like not voting is some time honored American tradition, right up there with baseball and fireworks on the 4th of July. It's not. Typical disingenuous un-American "conservative".

The privacy of one's vote is a time honored tradition. Not voting at all is a slap in the face to everyone who has done anything to build or protect this country. Not voting is LIGHT YEARS more disrespectful than kneeling during the national anthem or burning the flag. The flag and the anthem are just symbols of what people fought and died for, voting is literally the thing they fought and died for. Unconscionable garbage both you and Brent are putting out.
                      This completely incorrect. The right not to vote is as important as any other and most vets I know (or who have spoken publicly about it) have said they are fighting to protect the right to choose to vote or not. No offense but the one putting out garbage is you...you are no better than the conservatives ripping NFL players for taking a knee during the anthem.

Brent has a right to not vote. Period. End of story. No self respecting liberal should say otherwise. I know the ACLU wouldnt...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

yah. historically turnout is abysmal in this country. not sure where this indignation is coming from now

Comment

Speak for yourself. Minnesota is usually at 80% registered voter turnout and 70%+ eligible.

Not voting in Minnesota makes you an outlier.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

National turnout of eligible voters was 60.2%
                            - 1.6 percentage points above the 58.6% turnout in 2012, though slightly lower than 2008
                            . Four in ten eligible voters did not vote.

The
                            highest
                            turnout states
                            were
                            Minnesota
                            (74.8%)
                            , Maine
                            (72.8%)
                            , New Hampshire
                            (72.5%)
                            Colorado
                            (72.1%)
                            , Wisconsin
                            (70.5%)
                            , and Iowa
                            (69.0%)
                            . All six offered same day voter
                            registration
                            , enabling
                            voters to register or update their registration when they vote.
                            Five were
                            battleground states targeted by the presidential
                            campaigns.

The
                            lowest
                            turnout
                            states
                            were
                            Hawaii (43%)
                            , West Virginia (50.8%)
                            , Texas (51.6%), Tennessee (52.0%) and Arkansas (53.1%)
                            . These five states were at
                            the bottom for
                            the third consecutive
                            presidential election.
                            None were battleground states.
                            All five cut off the ability to register or
                            update a registration three to four weeks before Election Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Brent has a right to not vote. Period. End of story. No self respecting liberal should say otherwise. I know the ACLU wouldnt...
                              he has the right not to vote.

I'm saying"both sides are bad so I'm not voting" is an immature position to take, and is actually helping to make the Republicans even more insane.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                yah. historically turnout is abysmal in this country. not sure where this indignation is coming from now
                                because after years of only nutjobs turning out to vote (especially in primaries) we've ended up with a boat load of insane republicans and a crazy platform that is about ****ing the environment, denying climate change, attempting to tear down the wall between church and state, and funneling money to the rich.

Comment

Working...
                                X