X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
    There’s just no point in rehashing the past with the team playing pretty well and a good base set up for the incoming recruiting classes which by all accounts looks to be good and should help put Maine squarely back in the NCAA picture.
    Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      "Can it with the negative crap"? That's just precious considering how many of you have crapped on Red and this team over the past 4 years. It's also obvious that some of you still have a bromance going with TIMMAY.
      Yeah, I have a bromance with Timmy. Or red. Go do homework. Never had, never will.

My point is that you would think people would be happy now given where things were. Looks like people are ranking us 4th team now out of hockey east. Let's be happy when we can. Let's build on the momentum. Be positive. Who gives two craps about Timmy at this point.

I am happy because I want a team that can go into the rinks down south and give them everything they have... win or lose. But, I think this team can out work the silver spoon fed kids at BU and BC. About time.

The north remembers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
        There’s just no point in rehashing the past with the team playing pretty well and a good base set up for the incoming recruiting classes which by all accounts looks to be good and should help put Maine squarely back in the NCAA picture. I cant imagine this forum of all places would be in Whitehead's favor (isn't this where the "internet crazies" originated?).

We all know Whitehead left the program a mess and Red hasn't had the easiest road to rebuild, but an improved staff surrounding him has helped pluck gems where other teams have overlooked (major credit to Michaud for scouting Keeper) and that's part of the formula that always made Maine hockey successful.
        Great post. Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          Breaking news.....TIMMAY's last 4 years were like Red's first 4 years.

No they weren't, FCS. The worst seasons in Maine's recent history are on Red's watch, and with his own recruits.

(This is verifiable, as in "factual".)

Red needs to get a lot better very soon, or we'll all be p***ing in the wind for years to come, if we even bother to check-in anymore.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-03-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Doherty rookie of the month

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I never heard a peep about him before, but he looked pretty good at RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Yes he did. Did little things too.

Comment

Very fortunate to have Doherty.

Comment

No they weren't, FCS. The worst seasons in Maine's recent history are on Red's watch, and with his own recruits.

(This is verifiable, as in "factual".)

Red needs to get a lot better very soon, or we'll all be p***ing in the wind for years to come, if we even bother to check-in anymore.
                  You have a big lag. We aren't ****ing into the wind. We will still check in. Point that thing were it doesn't blow back on ya.

Comment

Truth be told we lost a lot when Campbell Blair left. He taught defense. Love to have that type of coaching back.

Comment

You haven't been paying attention then. Isn't he one of the leaders in scoring on the team.?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Fishman is blind to any improvements or achievements that occur with this team under Red. #Sad

Comment

Point of rehashing the past is when people say stupid chit like the last four years have been better than any Timmy stretch it needs to be corrected. Spend 15 minutes on hockeydb or the uscho history page if watching the team with your eyes doesnt tell you that.

Otherwise its just commenting fairly on the team which is beter but is still not very good. Being compared to other former Maine teams, well thats life. Like for example the 2010 and 2011 teams were a freaking mess at times and upon reflection were a lot better than these guys

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            Point of rehashing the past is when people say stupid chit like the last four years have been better than any Timmy stretch it needs to be corrected. Spend 15 minutes on hockeydb or the uscho history page if watching the team with your eyes doesnt tell you that.

Otherwise its just commenting fairly on the team which is beter but is still not very good. Being compared to other former Maine teams, well thats life. Like for example the 2010 and 2011 teams were a freaking mess at times and upon reflection were a lot better than these guys
                            Were 13-18-3 & 9th place in 2007-2008 & 13-22-4 & 8th place in 2008-2009 "better than these guys"? That's when TIMMAY should have been shown the door. He won with Walsh's guys then fell on his face. Red has been losing with TIMMAY's guys but finally purged the program of the dead weight....now he is bringing in quality players & finally turning it around!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

The 10 and 11 teams showed exactly what Timmy's big problems were, he had trouble with goalies and no depth. Timmy usually would have somewhere between three and six decent players then nothing else. Maine's a million times better off than they were five years ago, its not even close. Why people hate Red and **** all over him on here is beyond me.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Yes he did. Did little things too.

I've watched him since he was a Junior and he kept getting better and better. He is going to have a nice career at Maine.

Comment

Working...
                                X