X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Because in College Hockey even when the penalty is being called the team can score and the Penalty is still enforced and you go on a power-play even after scoring on the delayed call.
    In the case where you're already on the PP and you draw another penalty, if you score doesn't the guy in the box get to come out, leaving you with a 5-on-4 PP?
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
      You guys should be hoping for UNH to win a few games or you could be looking at Tirone again in the first round
      Not really. We are a sentimental lot. One last visit with an old friend whistling Dick.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        In the case where you're already on the PP and you draw another penalty, if you score doesn't the guy in the box get to come out, leaving you with a 5-on-4 PP?
        Yes in that case...I was thinking only in terms of a penalty being called while 5x5 or 4x4....in this penalty I would say let the puck get touched up and save the extra time on a possible 5x3 power-play.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
          Defensive backs should have the intuition to knock the ball down (and preserve field position) rather than be a hero and make an interception.
          If you haven't noticed, not a whole lot of these guys have "intuition" (or even a lot of intelligence). It's all "instinct." Why do you think the Patriots win so much? They are WELL-COACHED situationally and tend to employ more intelligent players. Interesting you mention the fourth down thing. How many times have we seen a pass fifty yards downfield and the DB just misses the INT. What does he do? He slams his fist into the ground in disgust. Anyone with half a brain realizes that if he had caught the ball, he would have just cost his team fifty yards, because they would have taken over (and Lindsey Nelson used to say "And the ball goes over...the ball goes OVER!!!!") at the line of scrimmage. Instead, they have essentially allowed the offense to punt the ball away. Why don't these guys know this? Because it's all about THEM and their stats. They'd rather pound their chest and flex their biceps so they can get on SportsCenter instead of making the SMART play.

Comment

Makar out again for Umass.

Peiper, Perez, smith out.

Housakos, quilavin, tierinimi in.

Tierinimi playing 4th line left wing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Makar out again for Umass.

Peiper, Perez, smith out.

Housakos, quilavin, tierinimi in.

Tierinimi playing 4th line left wing.
              Not surprised on Pieper, bad penalty in 3rd. Can't see moving teirinimi( that's butchering his name, isn't It? ) to a forward but we'll see. Housakos can skate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Not surprised on Pieper, bad penalty in 3rd. Can't see moving teirinimi( that's butchering his name, isn't It? ) to a forward but we'll see. Housakos can skate.

I think Pieper had bad penalty. Smith didnt use body and let that guy go untouched to the net on second goal. Perez is a touch slow and might not play great defense for the big sheet.

I like the moves, hopefully this makes the bottom lines better defensively and gets more penalty killers available.

Comment

Fossier/Pearson/Tralmaks
                  Vesey/Doherty/Shea
                  Westerlund/Housakos/Robbins
                  VMT/Lecroix/Quinlivan

Hamilton/Michel
                  Binner/Keeper
                  Holway/Muehlbauer

Swayman

Comment

1-0 Maine

Pearson scored off a face off, got two shots off and drove home his own rebound.

Other than that it has been all Umass. They've had two power plays.

Comment

Maine's pp looks like crap again, the only shots were from the blue line and straight out from the goalie

Comment

You could see that coming 1 1

Comment

Maine's pp looks like crap again, the only shots were from the blue line and straight out from the goalie

Couldn't hardly get it in the zone.

You have to actually be happy Maine is tied. If this this keeps up say goodbye to any points.

I hope they turn things around. Love some pressure on BU for that 5th spot for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Couldn't hardly get it in the zone.

You have to actually be happy Maine is tied. If this this keeps up say goodbye to any points.

I hope they turn things around. Love some pressure on BU for that 5th spot for the playoffs.
                            They had 0 sustained puck possession. You watch and they give up on the puck, no moving of the feet at times. The uninspired play makes me wonder.

Comment

You could see that coming 1 1

Yeah Binner got caught playing puck not the man and got undressed. Then they guy is all alone and passed to far doorstep. Great play by that guy. No way that is Swaymans fault. In fact he is a huge reason this game is tied and not 3-1. Muehlbauer got turned and lost an edge again letting a guy in on Swayman alone.

Defense so far is below average from where we've seen them be.

Comment

They had 0 sustained puck possession. You watch and they give up on the puck, no moving of the feet at times. The uninspired play makes me wonder.

Yeah, I saw Vesey dogging a little. No interest in skating back to backcheck. Maybe they spent everything last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X