This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Byron would have been the best player on this year's team, and Cam wouldn't have been far behind. (Both Timmy recruits.)
    Byron his senior year maybe, but nowhere close any of his other years. Brown wouldn’t be in the top five.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Byron his senior year maybe, but nowhere close any of his other years. Brown wouldn’t be in the top five.
      Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Byron never had any depth on the team, teams keyed on him. Put him on this years team and statistically he'd be even better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Larry just jyxed them

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Larry just jyxed them

Well it’s kind of his job to write first-half analysis. Don’t believe in that jinx nonsense

Comment

I can't be the only one who thinks the game at BU and the two at Northeastern in a few weeks will be the best barometer of what this team really is.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I can't be the only one who thinks the game at BU and the two at Northeastern in a few weeks will be the best barometer of what this team really is.
                The next 6 games on the road will be a true test, they can't take Brown and RPI lightly...those and the BU's/NU's are as you say where this team really is...8-7-1 is whole lot better then I expected to go into the break...hopefully with solid goaltending {minus 2 games of Swayman} and the confidence of winning on the road can forge a better ending for this season then I expected and a lot of others. GO Maine..!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  The next 6 games on the road will be a true test, they can't take Brown and RPI lightly...those and the BU's/NU's are as you say where this team really is...8-7-1 is whole lot better then I expected to go into the break...hopefully with solid goaltending {minus 2 games of Swayman} and the confidence of winning on the road can forge a better ending for this season then I expected and a lot of others. GO Maine..!
                  Just to ask: will we be looking at McGovern at RPI right after Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Just to ask: will we be looking at McGovern at RPI right after Christmas?
                    With Swayman being on the Roster for the WJC USA, well if he {Swayman} is official added then I would think yes that McGovern would be the choice with Mundinger as the backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      With Swayman being on the Roster for the WJC USA, well if he {Swayman} is official added then I would think yes that McGovern would be the choice with Mundinger as the backup.
                      D***! I'm looking at 10 tickets and 3 rooms in Troy to see Rob?

Well, at least it'll be a level playing field lol.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-16-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

My understanding is that these were not the versions which were broadcast at the time.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The new tax law will impact the Alfond Fund. I just received an email from the University with this explanation.

"Current IRS policy allows for donations related to priority ticket access for collegiate athletic events to be tax-deductible for 80% of the total gift amount. The passed tax legislation eliminates the provision allowing individuals to deduct charitable contributions connected to athletics tickets. When this new legislation becomes law in 2018, future donations to the Alfond Fund connected to ticket purchases will not be tax-deductible."

I didn't realize that people contributing to priority seating were getting a tax deduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            The new tax law will impact the Alfond Fund. I just received an email from the University with this explanation.

"Current IRS policy allows for donations related to priority ticket access for collegiate athletic events to be tax-deductible for 80% of the total gift amount. The passed tax legislation eliminates the provision allowing individuals to deduct charitable contributions connected to athletics tickets. When this new legislation becomes law in 2018, future donations to the Alfond Fund connected to ticket purchases will not be tax-deductible."

I didn't realize that people contributing to priority seating were getting a tax deduction.
                            The law actually was for any purchase of athletic tickets. It’s nice that they acknowledge the change in law but then say they’re not going to make any changes.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

This could be a bigger hit than people think, time will tell, but it includes the boxes and club seating. If a business wont get enough "business" return on the boxes then their 10k price tag is hard to justify without the tax break.

Comment

Seems like a creative marketer would simply reclassify the donations as not related to ticket access and then make the deductible again?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X