2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Red's not dead yet,
        So true! How things go against nh, mass and merrimack will be critical to his survival.

Comment

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Well it has been a long time coming, but finally we have a goaltender the team can trust and after years of having 2 lines of scoring depth we have 4! Makes a big difference when you can roll four lines. Now need defense to continue to improve.

What I like the most about this team so far is how they respond. They were ticked at blowing the 2-0 lead against Vermont and settling for a tie and they blew them out of the building the next day. They fall behind 3-0 to the Q and respond to tie the game not once but twice and then blow them away. And last night blow a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and still find a way to pot one and get an empty netter. Past teams would have folded mentally.

Nice first half of the season! Look forward to seeing how they progress over the second half!

Comment

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/...er-quinnipiac/
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I was as excited as anyone by the sweep at the Q, but reality has set in a little in the cold light of a Sunday afternoon... As good as Sway has looked, is it realistic to expect him to make 95 saves over a weekend on a consistent basis, while his team is being outshout 2:1 by a sub-mediocre team?

Looking at the remaining schedule, I figure Maine will be favored in maybe 5 games to come. Anything more would be gravy. If Red could finagle 10 wins over that span, I can see possibly extending him for another season, maybe... Otherwise, I wouldn't even consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                I was as excited as anyone by the sweep at the Q, but reality has set in a little in the cold light of a Sunday afternoon... As good as Sway has looked, is it realistic to expect him to make 95 saves over a weekend on a consistent basis, while his team is being outshout 2:1 by a sub-mediocre team?

Looking at the remaining schedule, I figure Maine will be favored in maybe 5 games to come. Anything more would be gravy. If Red could finagle 10 wins over that span, I can see possibly extending him for another season, maybe... Otherwise, I wouldn't even consider it.
                While of course 95 pucks finding the net is for sure a number that needs to come down, Q has been recognized all season as a team who fires a lot of shots on the net and that could be more of a function of Q's style of play as opposed to something wrong with Maine. Battling back from being down was important and I think a first for the team in a while, and they did it two nights in a row. No, they shouldn't be packing their bags for Sioux Falls, Allentown, Worcester, or Bridgeport, but I think it's time to start taking the team a bit more seriously as somebody who could make some noise. And also, I think 5 wins is easily achievable with the remaining schedule, and getting more than 10 would not shock me.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  While of course 95 pucks finding the net is for sure a number that needs to come down, Q has been recognized all season as a team who fires a lot of shots on the net and that could be more of a function of Q's style of play as opposed to something wrong with Maine. Battling back from being down was important and I think a first for the team in a while, and they did it two nights in a row. No, they shouldn't be packing their bags for Sioux Falls, Allentown, Worcester, or Bridgeport, but I think it's time to start taking the team a bit more seriously as somebody who could make some noise. And also, I think 5 wins is easily achievable with the remaining schedule, and getting more than 10 would not shock me.
                  I'm certainly on-board with your sentiments. I'll be footing the bill for 5 of us at RPI! Just not sold on Red much more than I used to be.

Comment

2011-2012 team that made the tourney was 7-7-2 at the break I believe. This team doesn't have the star power they had but the goalie is better and the defense is better. They went 16-7-1 over the back end and secured home ice on the last day in a much tougher hockey east. I personally don't think ths team is capable of that but stranger things have happened.

Comment

Just checking on some former players:

Dane Gibson landed at the University of Calgary 14GP-0G-5A
                      Blaine Byron Springfield (AHL) is off to a respectable start with 23GP-5G-6A
                      Cam Brown Wheeling (ECHL) 23GP-3G-19-A
                      Eric Schurhamer Manchester (ECHL) 18GP-0G-5A
                      UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Maine currently sits at 31 in RPI and Pairwise and 28 in KRACH, with the #28 Strength of schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Maine currently sits at 31 in RPI and Pairwise and 28 in KRACH, with the #28 Strength of schedule.
                          And received 1 vote in this weeks poll

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                            And received 1 vote in this weeks poll
                            Must have been Mahoney. They deserve no votes at this point

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not much of a surprise but Swayman named Hockey East potw

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Must have been Mahoney. They deserve no votes at this point

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                Larry has a vote? Who is he f@cklen to get that?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X