This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Good to see Black Bear fans excited about their team again.

Comment

Good weekend for Maine Hockey Teams @ BU.... Men's 3-0 win and the Women's team pulled off two wins over BU 4-1 and 3-2.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        Maine is currently #18 in the PWR. How are they "a long ways off from an at-large bid"? Because you say so?
        Because they need to move-up 6-7 spots or so, and there's a lot of moving parts involved.

But, yeah, Maine has a shot for the first time in years, and I'm so good with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Because they need to move-up 6-7 spots or so, and there's a lot of moving parts involved.

But, yeah, Maine has a shot for the first time in years, and I'm so good with that.

Maine is very lucky to have some PWR worthy opponents left on the schedule with NU (2), Providence (1) & BC (3). 5 of those 6 are on the road so it won't be easy.

Comment

PWR won't settle down much until February, just win. Never thought playing Brown would be important. Don't be thinking about NU this weekend.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              PWR won't settle down much until February, just win. Never thought playing Brown would be important. Don't be thinking about NU this weekend.
              Maine handled Brown pretty easily last year (5-1 IIRC) and has an improved team this year so they cannot be thinking ahead to league play and not get these two road points. Gotta stay focused.

Just looked at the box score, McGovern played pretty well in that spot last season (28 saves, 1 GA), but I have a hard time thinking Gendron will go to him tonight.
              Last edited by tylerzx2002; 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                Maine handled Brown pretty easily last year (5-1 IIRC) and has an improved team this year so they cannot be thinking ahead to league play and not get these two road points. Gotta stay focused.

Just looked at the box score, McGovern played pretty well in that spot last season (28 saves, 1 GA), but I have a hard time thinking Gendron will go to him tonight.
                Did Maine play at Brown once mid-week back in the glory days and struggle? I thought they went down there and tied or something like that. I could be misremembering.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Did Maine play at Brown once mid-week back in the glory days and struggle? I thought they went down there and tied or something like that. I could be misremembering.
                  Not sure. Maine is 11-2-0 lifetime against Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    What I found regarding "away games" vs Brown:

11/25/80 W 9-1

3/1/83 L 2-5

11/24/00 W 6-2

The only other loss to Brown was a 7-8 OT loss at the Alfond on 3/2/82

Comment

not surprising Maine is ranked this week. tied for 20th with Miami.
                      UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                        WT frick? Did you guys start cheating again?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          From a pairwise perspective it isn't. Maine will remain 18 with a win and only drop to 21 with a loss. However, with a loss to UConn and a tie with Vermont already, a loss to Brown would be embarrassing and kill any momentum the team has. Win tonight then get ready for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            WT frick? Did you guys start cheating again?
                            No, we just have Steve Cedorchuk coach the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                              Anyone know when the last time Maine had a ranked team? I'd dig but I'm trying to look reasonably productive at work today.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                                Anyone know when the last time Maine had a ranked team? I'd dig but I'm trying to look reasonably productive at work today.
                                October 8, 2012. Second poll of the season. 5 years & 3 months or 1918 days.
                                Last edited by Bhall44; 01-08-2018, 01:03 PM.
                                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X