This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Could Maine actually be second in pairwise in Hockey East after tonight's games? It's shocking just how bad Hockey East has done this year out of conference. Tonight is huge for the Hockey East standings, if Maine wins I don't think BU finishes ahead of Maine.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Could Maine actually be second in pairwise in Hockey East after tonight's games? It's shocking just how bad Hockey East has done this year out of conference. Tonight is huge for the Hockey East standings, if Maine wins I don't think BU finishes ahead of Maine.
      The amazing thing for Maine is the number of games at hand they currently hold against most of the rest of HEA. Combined with a stretch of games where Maine could get a bushel of points against Merrimack, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire coming up after next weekend, and it could get "interesting", let's say.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Best case scenario puts Maine #17, .0033 RPI behind Northeastern.

Providence would be the only Hockey East team in NCAA tournament position.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          The amazing thing for Maine is the number of games at hand they currently hold against most of the rest of HEA. Combined with a stretch of games where Maine could get a bushel of points against Merrimack, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire coming up after next weekend, and it could get "interesting", let's say.
          Maine has an actual chance of winning Hockey East. They would likely have to sweep next weekend as Northeastern has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Are you assuming this? The team will be finished by 7 pm today. They can certainly get back from Buffalo in time to rest up and play. Knowing Quinn, I'll be surprised if Oettinger isn't in net for BU.
            Yes, I was assuming that. Wasn't assuming that the World Junior team would break up immediately after winning the Bronze medal game and head straight to the airport. But that may be the case. I cannot find a line sheet for either team yet for tonight's game. You?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
              Yes, I was assuming that. Wasn't assuming that the World Junior team would break up immediately after winning the Bronze medal game and head straight to the airport. But that may be the case. I cannot find a line sheet for either team yet for tonight's game. You?
              Swayman was in Boston this morning and you can bet Red asked him if he was ready to play tonight.....

Comment

From the Friends of Maine Hockey: There will be a luncheon at the Sea Dog Brewing Company on January 19 from Noon until 1:30. The guests will be Red Gendron and Dick Umile, who will share stories about Alfond Arena and the rivalry between the two schools. Cost is $20 per person and will include a buffet. Please call Shannon Coiley at 581-1106 or email her at Shannon.coiley(at)maine.edu

Comment

All of BU's players are back from Buffalo, and all but one are in the lineup tonight.

Comment

Any way to watch for free tonight, or is it pay only?

Comment

Ok, so the BU fans told me it is free. This game is big. Gonna be tough to get any points tonight, but I am optimistic this team will battle to the very end and make it a battle. Really geared up for this game tonight! GO BLUE!!!!

Comment

Tough play by both sides, excellent goaltending by both sides. Maine had some chances 0 0

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

1 0 maine vesey pp goal

Comment

2 0 maine Smith from tralmaks

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              2 0 maine Smith from tralmaks

Both goals were sweet plays.

Comment

Fortunate calls gave us power plays. Got to keep feet moving and be real aggressive. BU will be very aggressive this next period. I love job Lacroix is doing tonight matched against top line. Have to have a lot of aggrssion on two first shifts. Please do not trap and lay. It won't work with this talent. Gear up and press press press.

Comment

Working...
                                X