This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I guess you could put him {RG} in the same boat as Baseballs Don Zimmer, a great mind for Baseball...but as a Manager he was a better 3rd Base Coach. imo
    You know who had a terrible record as a head hockey coach? Grant Standbrook.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      I'll be at the BU and the Brown games. The BU game will be missing both Swayman and Oettinger. That'll be interesting. Bub has to be on his game to beat BU. Their record is not good but they have ALOT of talent and scoring ability. This is not RPI. Agree with Drew that Brown should be a lay-up.

Just looking at some D-1 stats...it's a testament to hockey unpredictability that former Maine and BU goalies Romeo (Ohio St) and LaCouvee (Minny St) are currently #'s 6 and 8 nationally in GAA. Good for both of them. Romeo couldn't stop much of anything as a Black Bear. How does he now have .928/1.93 stats over 18 games? Goalie lessons?
      I don't think that anyone is a lay-up for this Maine team, but I do expect a win at Brown.

As for Romeo, I've seen him on the tube twice this year, and he looked as good as his numbers indicate. ( Ditto, tonight.) Not sure where that came from either, but I root for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        York began at Bowling Green with 58 losses in three seasons and won a national title with Bowling Green a few years later. He then went to Boston College and lost 44 games in two seasons.
        He went 27-13 in his third season at BG where as Reddy went 8-24-6 in year 3. Great comp.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Maine up to #22 in the PWR without even playing!

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            Maine up to #22 in the PWR without even playing!
            A lot of hockey left to play, but that is a section of the PWR that is well within concoeveable distance for an ALB.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              He went 27-13 in his third season at BG where as Reddy went 8-24-6 in year 3. Great comp.
              Reverse that. He lost 44 games in two years at Bowling Green and 58 in three at Boston College. The question asked was what coach had turned his team around after such bad starts. That's the answer. Sorry if people don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                A lot of hockey left to play, but that is a section of the PWR that is well within concoeveable distance for an ALB.
                It is.

Maine is a pedestrian team, but there's maybe 4 elite teams in all of college hockey this season. I expect that there'll be a lot of flux in the PW for the final berths down the stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  A team that wants to challenge for an at-large bid will have at least three wins between now and next Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    A team that wants to challenge for an at-large bid will have at least three wins between now and next Sunday.
                    Oh I agree. If they can beat and underachieving Terriers squad, drop in the layup that Brown should be, and earn a split or better at Matthews, I will deem this team to be "for real" more than I already have, and I'm more of an optimist than most in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      Miami beat Denver last night & Quinnipiac is starting to win some games. Maine went 3-1 against those 2.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        Miami beat Denver last night & Quinnipiac is starting to win some games. Maine went 3-1 against those 2.
                        Meanwhile Northeastern lost to Bentley and BC lost to Michigan Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          As they say on any given night...top/good teams will get beat...this season has seen parity all over the College Hockey landscape...Maine has to seize the chances/wins against anyone is important, not just in the Conference and in the PWR but towards building confidence in the team itself.

Comment

BDN: Holway playing great

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Actually NU tied 3-3 at Bentley last night, but might be equivalent to a loss in the almighty PWR.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Actually NU tied 3-3 at Bentley last night, but might be equivalent to a loss in the almighty PWR.
                                oh yes. 0-2-1. UMass lost to mighty Yale.

Comment

Working...
                                X