X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    The 10 and 11 teams showed exactly what Timmy's big problems were, he had trouble with goalies and no depth. Timmy usually would have somewhere between three and six decent players then nothing else. Maine's a million times better off than they were five years ago, its not even close. Why people hate Red and **** all over him on here is beyond me.
    Admittedly I've been critical of Red, but I'm softening and guardedly optimistic after seeing that they have been improving every week. The rubber meets the road against the remaining HE schedule. If some good wins and a few sweeps come of this then the record speaks for itself. If losses result, well then that speaks for itself also.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      Admittedly I've been critical of Red, but I'm softening and guardedly optimistic after seeing that they have been improving every week. The rubber meets the road against the remaining HE schedule. If some good wins and a few sweeps come of this then the record speaks for itself. If losses result, well then that speaks for itself also.
      The seven games between 1/16 and 2/3 are huge. They really should have five wins in that period and no less than four.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Michel close to being back in the line up

Comment

The 10 and 11 teams showed exactly what Timmy's big problems were, he had trouble with goalies and no depth. Timmy usually would have somewhere between three and six decent players then nothing else. Maine's a million times better off than they were five years ago, its not even close. Why people hate Red and **** all over him on here is beyond me.
          You are taking this far too personally, nobody hates Red and nobody hated Tim. Fans are obviously disappointed in the play of the team over the past 5 or 6 years(or more). The coach gets blamed for that
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            Were 13-18-3 & 9th place in 2007-2008 & 13-22-4 & 8th place in 2008-2009 "better than these guys"? That's when TIMMAY should have been shown the door. He won with Walsh's guys then fell on his face. Red has been losing with TIMMAY's guys but finally purged the program of the dead weight....now he is bringing in quality players & finally turning it around!

That's where Blake James should've grown some cojones and canned Timmay, but before he bolted to Coral Gables he dished out extensions to Whitehead and Blodgett, two of the worst coaches in the history of the University of Maine. But hey, now Blake gets to deal with punks at The U wearing "turnover chains"

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
              That's where Blake James should've grown some cojones and canned Timmay, but before he bolted to Coral Gables he dished out extensions to Whitehead and Blodgett, two of the worst coaches in the history of the University of Maine. But hey, now Blake gets to deal with punks at The U wearing "turnover chains"
              Whitehead isn't in the top 5 of worst coaches at UMaine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Whitehead isn't in the top 5 of worst coaches at UMaine.

Men's hoops must have a majority of them.....or at least the last 2.

Comment

Just got 5 tix for BC on 2/17. Wanted the Sat UNH game but tix look like they are already selling briskly. This team keeps winning & the crowds will start growing.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    Men's hoops must have a majority of them.....or at least the last 2.
                    Women's hoops has had a couple.

Comment

The seven games between 1/16 and 2/3 are huge. They really should have five wins in that period and no less than four.
                      What about the four before them..? @BU- @Brown- 2 @NU....

Comment

Lots of divergent posts lately, but most of them still make sense either in one way or the other. Things are getting lively on here, which is a consequence of Maine playing better hockey. It's a win for all of us at this point.

Comment

CHN: Red Hot Maine

Pretty good quotes from Red on his team to this point in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            I hear ya... Maine wins 3 of those 4, this 2nd half is off to a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I hear ya... Maine wins 3 of those 4, this 2nd half is off to a great start.
                              On to BU, worry about the others after they play BU

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Brown should be a gimme. I thought Maine would have a big advantage Saturday but BU just cancelled their game tomorrow night so that is gone. If Maine won three out of the four that would be great, but if they don't I'm not sure it means very much. The seven games I mentioned are ones Maine should be winning and the ones I'm more concerned with.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X