This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Trap game and Maine fell for it. Too many penalties. I understand putting Rob in net but it changes how the team plays. On to NU, they need to beat teams ahead of them in the standings, until then..........
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

no problem with rob playing. non-conference game. the team has 5 games in 9 days that REALLY matter coming up. lets make sure swayman is ready to go for those. hopefully doherty gets back ahead of schedule.
      UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Last night could be a positive if it fires up the guys to play harder this weekend. Maine was already 5-0 against the EZAC so not sure how much it actually hurts.

Anyone know what is going with Smiley? It seemed to me he would have been a better fit on the second line last night.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Anyone know what is going with Smiley? It seemed to me he would have been a better fit on the second line last night.
          I assume you are referring to Holesinsky... probably headed for a medical redshirt

Comment

I was at the Game last night, while I would have certainly stuck with Swayman too, the DMEN made some very bad pinches at the blue line which led to a lot of odd-man rushes. McGovern didn't play great, but a lot of the shots that Brown had were in the slot with limited traffic. The Fossier Line was really the only line that played well in my opinion, they had some very good cycles down low. A few very bad penalties as well, I think it was 5 PP to 1 in favor of Brown which made it hard to sustain a good flow. Maine was all over them in the OT, Fossier needs to get the puck on net in times when he looks to pass, but he is a smart player on the offensive side of the game. I was impressed by Brown's Defenseman Stillwell. Listed at 5'9" but if he is taller than 5'7" i'd be shocked. Very slick skater, reminds me of Ryan Spooner on how he used his edges and he was able to get the puck out of the D-Zone with relative ease. Certainly a game UMAINE should have won

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
              I assume you are referring to Holesinsky... probably headed for a medical redshirt
              Yeah, that’s Red’s nickname for him. That is unfortunate news. The times I saw him play you could see there was a lot of talent there.

Comment

A Georgia alum friend of mine asked what the most devastated I have ever been after a sporting event was, obviously I thought about the 2004 title game.

Like a masochist, I pulled up the highlights on youtube. You will NEVER convince me that Damon's goal was anything but legitimate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Yuck...I had a bad feeling about this game after Brown came back against UNH Saturday. I guess a tie is better than a loss. Maine did play without Swayman, Doherty, and Michel.
                  Mark Divver the Providence Journal sports editor tweeted this about Doherty before game

Mark Divver (@MarkDivver)
                  1/8/18, 2:57 PM
                  .@MaineIceHockey will be without top scorer Timmy Doherty tonight @BrownMensHockey. Expected to miss couple of weeks with shoulder injury
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                    A Georgia alum friend of mine asked what the most devastated I have ever been after a sporting event was, obviously I thought about the 2004 title game.

Like a masochist, I pulled up the highlights on youtube. You will NEVER convince me that Damon's goal was anything but legitimate.
                    The NCAA changing the rule a month later pretty much confirmed that it was a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                      Mark Divver the Providence Journal sports editor tweeted this about Doherty before game

Mark Divver (@MarkDivver)
                      1/8/18, 2:57 PM
                      .@MaineIceHockey will be without top scorer Timmy Doherty tonight @BrownMensHockey. Expected to miss couple of weeks with shoulder injury
                      He was injured during the BU game halfway through the 3rd period and never returned.

Comment

Jeff Cox on NHL Network giving a shout out to Maine. Congrats to Jeff on his appearance and thanks for plugging Maine!

https://www.nhl.com/video/nhl-now-je...deo_content_id

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Yeah, that’s Red’s nickname for him. That is unfortunate news. The times I saw him play you could see there was a lot of talent there.
                          I've been impressed by Holesinsky every time I've seen him play, and I've lampooned Red this year for only rarely playing him. If he's been injured or not at 100% then it would make much more sense why we haven't seen him that much this season.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post

That was bad. For me the loss in OT in Minnesota was the worst. I thought Metcalf was going to will that team to a win...

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

On top of that it was a very soft penalty on Deschamps that led to Denver’s goal and Ryan or someone else could have cleared the zone and didn’t. It was definitely one of the most heartbreaking nights of my life. After Maine beat BC I didn’t think there was any way they could lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                That was bad. For me the loss in OT in Minnesota was the worst. I thought Metcalf was going to will that team to a win...
                                02 sucked but 04 kept me up all night. Laying in bed in Boston, tossing and turning all night. Crushed
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X