This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
    When you're a middle of the pack team like Maine you have to bring it every night. College hockey just has too much parity now too. Glad to see progress finally coming to the program but we still have a ways to go. Will be very exciting to watch the freshman/sophomore classes develop over the rest of their respective careers in Orono!

I think I worry more about Tirone than any other player in Hockey East simply based on his track record against UMaine. Was it two years ago we out shot them something like 53 to 27 and they beat us?!
    The thing that gets me is he always looks so bad doing it. Kelleher has really killed Maine as well and it’s nice he is gone.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

On a different note...nice to see that the Women's Hockey team is gaining attention in the Women's Polls, they are ranked 9th this week with a record of 15-6-3.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Who thought Maine was going to get any of those things?? Home ice maybe, the rest, pipe dream
        Probably me. Because i am an optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Who thought Maine was going to get any of those things?? Home ice maybe, the rest, pipe dream
          I won't apologize either.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Probably me. Because i am an optimist.
            You haven't watched them play enough the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              On a different note...nice to see that the Women's Hockey team is gaining attention in the Women's Polls, they are ranked 9th this week with a record of 15-6-3.
              The team is also ranked #8 in the PairWise, which means they are in NCAA tournament position for the first time in program history. If the season ended today, they would play at #1 Wisconsin in the NCAA Quarters.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                The team is also ranked #8 in the PairWise, which means they are in NCAA tournament position for the first time in program history. If the season ended today, they would play at #1 Wisconsin in the NCAA Quarters.
                No. Cut line is at 7 with CHA auto bid getting 8

Travel considerations also play in first round match ups so not always a strict seed matchup
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  No. Cut line is at 7 with CHA auto bid getting 8

Travel considerations also play in first round match ups so not always a strict seed matchup
                  I was just checking if the CHA got an autobid. Thanks.

Looks like it'll be tough to get to #7 without Cornell messing up in a major way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                    When you're a middle of the pack team like Maine you have to bring it every night. College hockey just has too much parity now too. Glad to see progress finally coming to the program but we still have a ways to go. Will be very exciting to watch the freshman/sophomore classes develop over the rest of their respective careers in Orono!

I think I worry more about Tirone than any other player in Hockey East simply based on his track record against UMaine. Was it two years ago we out shot them something like 53 to 27 and they beat us?!
                    UNH has dominated Maine in recent years because they've had multiple AA-level offensive performers* on their top-line and Maine had bad goaltending. Trust me when I say UNH does not have that level of offensive talent any longer. And you now have Swaymen. You are looking at a split at worst and a sweep is well within your grasp...

* UNH has outscored Maine 37-14 over the last two years. In three games in 2015-16 Poturalski had 3 goals and 2 assists. In six games, over two seasons, Kelleher had 6 goals and 9 assists. Those two are long gone and their teammates' production (McNicholas/Salvaggio combined for 10 points last year) is way down without them...

Tirone' success says more about Maine's lack of finishing the last two seasons. Which is also much better this season than the 2/GM group you had two years ago...
                    Last edited by Dan; 01-16-2018, 11:52 AM.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      I was just checking if the CHA got an autobid. Thanks.

Looks like it'll be tough to get to #7 without Cornell messing up in a major way.
                      Every officially sanctioned NCAA championship has to have an autobid for every conference. That's why FBS football is the one sport that's never had an "official" championship and never will unless the rules change, they'd never let the Sun Belt and friends crash their party.

Comment

Tonight's lineup for Maine:

Tralmaks-Pearson-Robbins
                        Vesey-Fossier-Shea
                        Westerlund-Pieper-Smith
                        Perez-Lacroix-Housakos

Tiuraniemi-Michel
                        Holway-Muehlbauer
                        Binner-Keeper

Swayman

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Tonight's lineup for Maine:

Tralmaks-Pearson-Robbins
                          Vesey-Fossier-Shea
                          Westerlund-Pieper-Smith
                          Perez-Lacroix-Housakos

Tiuraniemi-Michel
                          Holway-Muehlbauer
                          Binner-Keeper

Swayman
                          I don't understand Perez playing at all

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I don't understand Perez playing at all

I don’t mind him with Lacroix and Housakos. It will be nice when Doherty is healthy. Place looks pretty empty.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Good job taking the first penalty. So far U mass looks like better team

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Good job taking the first penalty. So far U mass looks like better team

The way Maine's been playing the last few games, someone should check their stick blades to make sure they aren't slicked with oil.

Comment

Working...
                                X