X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Yeah, but he doesn't play for a great hockey club.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, and opine that Bosox was being a little sarcastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I'm going to go out on a limb here, and opine that Bosox was being a little sarcastic.
      No way!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        No way!
        I'm here to help!

Seriously, though, I still harbor a tiny glimmer of hope for Maine, after seeing a pretty weak RPI squad beat Cornell. Almost anything can happen in this curious age of parity. I'm coming around to that, and this situation certainly tends to keep things interesting late in the season.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-05-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Would you start Bub Friday night? Maine might actually be better off losing. I say this because it is going to be close between Providence and BU and if I'm being honest I would rather play BU. BU has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way and they certainly could catch Providence. I think giving Swayman some rest might help for the games against UNH and BC. It's a shame we've thrown away so many points at home against bottom of the table teams.
          IDK, I wouldn't even think about that. Maine needs wins of any sort, and they have a puncher's choice vs. anybody in HEA on any given night. They're nowhere near good enough to sand-bag, and I can't imagine playing Rob unless Sway has a broken leg.

(OK, maybe I'd play Sway anyway, if the fracture wasn't displaced... Maine has had lousy 'tending for years, and he gives the Bears a chance to win every night. Rob isn't that guy.)
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-05-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            IDK, I wouldn't even think about that. Maine needs wins of any sort, and they have a puncher's choice vs. anybody in HEA on any given night. They're nowhere near good enough to sand-bag, and I can't imagine playing Rob unless Sway has a broken leg.

(OK, maybe I'd play Sway anyway, if the fracture wasn't displaced... Maine has had lousy 'tending for years, and he gives the Bears a chance to win every night. Rob isn't that guy.)
            The rest of the way: Swayman the starter, McGovern backup

Comment

Brendan Robbins was Hockey East co-player of the week.

Comment

I used to see Robbins as a Matt Mangene type.....all skates and no stick. The kid has certainly been working on his hands!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeybear View Post
                  I used to see Robbins as a Matt Mangene type.....all skates and no stick. The kid has certainly been working on his hands!
                  Mangene got hands late sophomore year, Robbins finding them Junior year. Its a good comparison though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I just looked this up. Mangene had 3 goals his sophomore year and 16 his junior. Six more for Robbins would win a game or two down the stretch!

Comment

Merrimack crushed by UMass tonight 5-2.....*sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        Merrimack crushed by UMass tonight 5-2.....*sigh*
                        And yet we beat UMass three times this season. Sometimes a team is just a bad matchup. Not here to excuse the teams play this past weekend, which was dreadful, especially Saturday. But, to Mack’s credit, they played hard and gave Maine fits. I personally think Maine was overlooking MC, as evidenced by the fourth line starting both games and just the teams overall demeanor.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          And yet we beat UMass three times this season. Sometimes a team is just a bad matchup. Not here to excuse the teams play this past weekend, which was dreadful, especially Saturday. But, to Mack’s credit, they played hard and gave Maine fits. I personally think Maine was overlooking MC, as evidenced by the fourth line starting both games and just the teams overall demeanor.
                          Shawn used to start the fourth line at home too. It’s to get the fourth line matched up against their first line to shut them down. Merrimack has a rink the same dimensions as the Alfond so it makes since they would play better there than Mullins.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                          X