• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Big **** was a big part of the 99 team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Who was slowest of all time? My vote is Mushaluk.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      If next year's class is similar to this year's freshmen, this will be three great classes in a row. Which hasnt happened at Maine in a very long time. I have liked Red at times and sometimes not. But right now he has it going. So I am willing to wait and see. I think he'll get his respect in a season or two.
      With all due respect, would you seriously describe Maine's past two classes as "great"..?

Not trying to pick a fight, mind you, just asking.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-29-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        With all due respect, would you seriously describe Maine's past two classes as "great"..?

I would describe them as way better then what Maine has recruited lately. I think your definition of great is a team competing for a NC. That ship sailed when Shawn and Grants guys were gone. If all you look at is Swayman I'd say great isn't too far off the mark.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Yes. Here is what I said before(which should be considered great)...
          So Maine freshman class can boast the following:

Top goalie save percentage - Swayman
          Top scoring freshman - Tralmaks
          Fourth best scoring freshman defenseman - Keeper
          Second and third best freshmen plus/minus rating - Binner and Keeper

The sophomore class can boast the following:

Top scoring sophomore forwards(tied) - Pearson, Fossier
          Second, third, and fourth best scoring sophmore forwards points per game - Pearson, Fossier, Doherty
          Fifth best scoring sophmore defensemen - Holway
          Third best sophmore defensemen plus/minus rating - Holway

So it is starting to look like we can't complain about not getting any recruits or talent anymore. Combine that with all of the players next year coming from USHL and it is very encouraging!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I would describe them as way better then what Maine has recruited lately. I think your definition of great is a team competing for a NC. That ship sailed when Shawn and Grants guys were gone. If all you look at is Swayman I'd say great isn't too far off the mark.
            With four classes like the freshmen and sophomore classes I think you’re definitely an NCAA team. Winning the title usually involves a fair bit of luck. All you can do is make the tourney and hope for the best.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Comparing the last 2 classes to upper classman shows the last 2 classes are better but are they great compared to classes in other leagues.?? I don't watch other leagues until NCAAs so I have no clue.
              I still say this team is exceeding what any of us realistically thought might happen this year. Enjoy it

Comment

Who was slowest of all time? My vote is Mushaluk.
                Roger Grillo has my vote.

Comment

We had some dmen who were just like those trees.
                  Who was that Frenchman who couldn't get out of his own way?
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Comparing the last 2 classes to upper classman shows the last 2 classes are better but are they great compared to classes in other leagues.?? I don't watch other leagues until NCAAs so I have no clue.
                    I still say this team is exceeding what any of us realistically thought might happen this year. Enjoy it

The difference has been Swayman in net, without him playing the position as a strength, Maine might not have or be close to having a winning record. He can make the difference in a close series.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      Who was that Frenchman who couldn't get out of his own way?
                      Jack Rodrique? Shawn wouldn't play him until a PP, guy could put a puck thru the glass with his slap shot though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I haven’t seen Merrimack play this year but I anticipate these will be tough games. They’ll play hard and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get us 2-1 one of the nights.
                        And I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if Merrimack scores 2 goals over the course of the weekend against Swayman, let alone 2 in one game. Their PP is very good, but 5v5, um, not so much.
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Just took a quick look at the national stats, and they certainly don't support your post. (Were you were referencing Maine vs. this year's sub-par HEA competition, as opposed to the entire NCAA..? That's fake news.)

Anyway, you and I and Wally and anyone with Brain Cell One recognizes that Maine certainly has improved, and I'm inclined to enjoy it, but not inclined to accept hyperbole. This program's personnel isn't anywhere near "great", but with Swayman on board, perhaps there's a shot at the NCAA's next year.

I can possibly see that happening, and I'll be at the Regional if they make it there. But let's keep it real here until then. Please.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-30-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            The difference has been Swayman in net, without him playing the position as a strength, Maine might not have or be close to having a winning record. He can make the difference in a close series.
                            Good Lord, I agree... if Rob was the #1, Maine would maybe have 8 wins so far. Sway is a special player and he might move mountains in the coming years.

Comment

Good Lord, I agree... if Rob was the #1, Maine would maybe have 8 wins so far. Sway is a special player and he might move mountains in the coming years.
                              Good lord... the team is better.

Comment

You are our spokesman. Cheer for your team. I saw the posts in the bottom four where you seemingly cheer for us to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X