This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Being at the game tonight and it being the 250th HE game I have attended I will say that fair and even some good teams buckle under the stress of bad calls and great teams overcome them, but when a team losses it's composure, that is the sign of a poorly coached team, which is what I have suspected has perhaps been part of the problem under Red.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      Horrific officiating job, but even without it I don't think Maine had a shot at winning. They played pretty poorly and couldn't control pucks.
      Couldn’t agree more.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        5-3, 5-3. Swept out of Boston. That pretty much kills any thought of a Hockey East title, and home ice is going to be a tough get. Those are games that teams that get home ice, league titles and NCAA bids win. Maine didn't.
        I think Maine still has a decent shot at fourth. They have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I think Maine still has a decent shot at fourth. They have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way.
          Assuming they can beat UMA, UHN and MC.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Assuming they can beat UMA, UHN and MC.
            It's not a given that's for sure. I doubt they sweep unh, might not even beat them. I see Tirone killing Maine like he always does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Maine is who I thought they were, better than the last few years but still not good enough to compete with teams ahead of them in HE. On to UMass
              Glad that you said it first.

Maine is certainly looking up, but not ready for prime time... Not really even very close.

The young guys on here get overly excited at times.

Yes, we have a very good goalie in Swayman, but occasionally lousy D, and that can cost you games, as it did this weekend. The 4x4 early tonight was amazingly bad in that regard.

Comment

Since he got five-and-a-game for hitting from behind, chances Tralmaks is suspended against UMass?

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  Since he got five-and-a-game for hitting from behind, chances Tralmaks is suspended against UMass?
                  Pretty sure it was only a misconduct and not dq, he should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Pretty sure it was only a misconduct and not dq, he should be fine.
                    If i heard them correctly over the loudspeaker, both Eddie and Brady got a game misconduct on their respective penalties, but you might be right. I hope you're right, I might add.

Comment

Too many penalties in a crucial weekend? Shocked I tell ya

Give a ranked team 12 power plays how are you gonna win? That's a whole period out of the 6 a man down
                      Last edited by BoSox3066; 01-13-2018, 10:45 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        If i heard them correctly over the loudspeaker, both Eddie and Brady got a game misconduct on their respective penalties, but you might be right. I hope you're right, I might add.
                        Maine Brady Keeper 10 Game Misconduct 07:22
                        Maine Brady Keeper 2 Hooking 07:22
                        Maine Brady Keeper 10 Misconduct 07:22
                        Maine Eduards Tralmaks 5 Hitting from Behind 11:53
                        Maine Eduards Tralmaks 10 Game Misconduct 11:53

Barring disciplinary action from the league office (or the head coach) both will be in the game Tuesday.

Comment

Watched some of the UNH game today and what I saw wasn't very impressive. I do worry about them where have struggled so much against them in recent times. Also, they have a seven game winless streak which makes me nervous. I'd guess we wind up getting a split.

Comment

Are your home video feeds free or behind a pay wall? The links appear to be free to open but do they lock up at game time?

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                              Are your home video feeds free or behind a pay wall? The links appear to be free to open but do they lock up at game time?
                              Free

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                It's not a given that's for sure. I doubt they sweep unh, might not even beat them. I see Tirone killing Maine like he always does.

When you're a middle of the pack team like Maine you have to bring it every night. College hockey just has too much parity now too. Glad to see progress finally coming to the program but we still have a ways to go. Will be very exciting to watch the freshman/sophomore classes develop over the rest of their respective careers in Orono!

I think I worry more about Tirone than any other player in Hockey East simply based on his track record against UMaine. Was it two years ago we out shot them something like 53 to 27 and they beat us?!
                                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X