This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Maine played well until 5 minutes left in 3rd and NU dominated the last of period. Maine ran out of gas being down all game.

Sucks but NU played better. Can't get down 4 to 1 against better team and expect to win.
    Who is in better shape? We will see tomorrow at 5

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Maine played well until 5 minutes left in 3rd and NU dominated the last of period. Maine ran out of gas being down all game.

Sucks but NU played better. Can't get down 4 to 1 against better team and expect to win.
      Who is in better shape? We will see tomorrow at 5

Would Walshy have called a Timeout? Would Walshy have done it to give Holway a breather and had him with keeper... and pulled the goalie with 3 minutes left?

Comment

Good effort. Came up short. Special teams the difference. And props to primeau he played a heck of a game.
        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Would Walshy have called a Timeout? Would Walshy have done it to give Holway a breather and had him with keeper... and pulled the goalie with 3 minutes left?
          Yes. He would have.

Comment

I doubt it, Maine was out of gas by then. If they can come out tomorrow like they played in 3rd they have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Holway had an absolute shocker tonight, as bad as I’ve ever seen him play.
              Not me. He logged a ton of minutes. He is about the best D we got and if you observed it, he played more than twice the minutes of the bottom of the six.

Comment

I doubt it, Maine was out of gas by then. If they can come out tomorrow like they played in 3rd they have a chance

I mean that is my point. Let's get our top crew a breather knowing we are undermanned.

This isn't rocket science.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

It comes down to conditioning for me. If they're well conditioned enough to play a string and complete game, I bet they win. They showed that, by and large, they can stay with NU and possibly beat them.

Comment

I mean that is my point. Let's get our top crew a breather knowing we are undermanned.

This isn't rocket science.
                    Yeah it may have helped but the team was spent, I doubt a few minutes helps but may have kept that 5th goal off the board. Maine had many chances to tie it up, they simply don't have the guns NU does. No Maine player scores that 5th goal like NU? Maybe vesey if his head is still in game

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Not me. He logged a ton of minutes. He is about the best D we got and if you observed it, he played more than twice the minutes of the bottom of the six.
                      He looked all over the place on a few of NEU’s goals. Need more from him tomorrow.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Bad D lapses in the 1st, one was completely inexcusable on the 3rd NU goal.

Maine certainly fought back, but they can't dig a hole like that tomorrow if there's any chance of getting a bid without major help from the Hockey Gods.

Comment

Maine penalty's and NU's Primeau the difference tonight.

Comment

Yeah it may have helped but the team was spent, I doubt a few minutes helps but may have kept that 5th goal off the board. Maine had many chances to tie it up, they simply don't have the guns NU does. No Maine player scores that 5th goal like NU? Maybe vesey if his head is still in game

I disagree. Maine has fire power. But not net front presence. And our top d logs a lot of minutes. We play Muehlbauer but he and hammy aren't clearing the front like we are used too. Keeper should play forth line right wing and get teirnuienminni in line up. Tieurienuinnminii plays hockey and tries at net front.

Gonna take some time. But it could help if Red played in game adjustments.

Comment

I called for timeout because our skilled got gassed.

Comment

I disagree. Maine has fire power. But not net front presence. And our top d logs a lot of minutes. We play Muehlbauer but he and hammy aren't clearing the front like we are used too. Keeper should play forth line right wing and get teirnuienminni in line up. Tieurienuinnminii plays hockey and tries at net front.

Gonna take some time. But it could help if Red played in game adjustments.
                                I don't see tiru helping out much but we may see him tomorrow. I'll keep keeper on d thanks. If Maine had fire power they might want to bring it out on the multiple breakaway they had tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X