Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Big **** was a big part of the 99 team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Who was slowest of all time? My vote is Mushaluk.
    "A fate that we deserved? Of course it is what we deserved. We played out there. If we screw up, who's fault is it? I don't blame the referees. I don't blame the other team. It is on us. We don't make any excuses and we don't let anyone else make excuses for us. Ever! Ever! And as long as I am the coach here that's how it's gonna be. And as long as I am the coach here the only thing we will accept is victory! Ties - we don't accept it. Losses - we don't accept it. Victory! Period!" - Red Gendron

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    If next year's class is similar to this year's freshmen, this will be three great classes in a row. Which hasnt happened at Maine in a very long time. I have liked Red at times and sometimes not. But right now he has it going. So I am willing to wait and see. I think he'll get his respect in a season or two.
    With all due respect, would you seriously describe Maine's past two classes as "great"..?

Not trying to pick a fight, mind you, just asking.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-29-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    With all due respect, would you seriously describe Maine's past two classes as "great"..?

I would describe them as way better then what Maine has recruited lately. I think your definition of great is a team competing for a NC. That ship sailed when Shawn and Grants guys were gone. If all you look at is Swayman I'd say great isn't too far off the mark.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Yes. Here is what I said before(which should be considered great)...
    So Maine freshman class can boast the following:

Top goalie save percentage - Swayman
    Top scoring freshman - Tralmaks
    Fourth best scoring freshman defenseman - Keeper
    Second and third best freshmen plus/minus rating - Binner and Keeper

The sophomore class can boast the following:

Top scoring sophomore forwards(tied) - Pearson, Fossier
    Second, third, and fourth best scoring sophmore forwards points per game - Pearson, Fossier, Doherty
    Fifth best scoring sophmore defensemen - Holway
    Third best sophmore defensemen plus/minus rating - Holway

So it is starting to look like we can't complain about not getting any recruits or talent anymore. Combine that with all of the players next year coming from USHL and it is very encouraging!
    "A fate that we deserved? Of course it is what we deserved. We played out there. If we screw up, who's fault is it? I don't blame the referees. I don't blame the other team. It is on us. We don't make any excuses and we don't let anyone else make excuses for us. Ever! Ever! And as long as I am the coach here that's how it's gonna be. And as long as I am the coach here the only thing we will accept is victory! Ties - we don't accept it. Losses - we don't accept it. Victory! Period!" - Red Gendron

I would describe them as way better then what Maine has recruited lately. I think your definition of great is a team competing for a NC. That ship sailed when Shawn and Grants guys were gone. If all you look at is Swayman I'd say great isn't too far off the mark.
    With four classes like the freshmen and sophomore classes I think you’re definitely an NCAA team. Winning the title usually involves a fair bit of luck. All you can do is make the tourney and hope for the best.

Comparing the last 2 classes to upper classman shows the last 2 classes are better but are they great compared to classes in other leagues.?? I don't watch other leagues until NCAAs so I have no clue.
    I still say this team is exceeding what any of us realistically thought might happen this year. Enjoy it

Who was slowest of all time? My vote is Mushaluk.
    Roger Grillo has my vote.

We had some dmen who were just like those trees.
    Who was that Frenchman who couldn't get out of his own way?
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comparing the last 2 classes to upper classman shows the last 2 classes are better but are they great compared to classes in other leagues.?? I don't watch other leagues until NCAAs so I have no clue.
    I still say this team is exceeding what any of us realistically thought might happen this year. Enjoy it

The difference has been Swayman in net, without him playing the position as a strength, Maine might not have or be close to having a winning record. He can make the difference in a close series.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleRay View Post
    Who was that Frenchman who couldn't get out of his own way?
    Jack Rodrique? Shawn wouldn't play him until a PP, guy could put a puck thru the glass with his slap shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I haven’t seen Merrimack play this year but I anticipate these will be tough games. They’ll play hard and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get us 2-1 one of the nights.
    And I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if Merrimack scores 2 goals over the course of the weekend against Swayman, let alone 2 in one game. Their PP is very good, but 5v5, um, not so much.

Black Bear since D-2

Just took a quick look at the national stats, and they certainly don't support your post. (Were you were referencing Maine vs. this year's sub-par HEA competition, as opposed to the entire NCAA..? That's fake news.)

Anyway, you and I and Wally and anyone with Brain Cell One recognizes that Maine certainly has improved, and I'm inclined to enjoy it, but not inclined to accept hyperbole. This program's personnel isn't anywhere near "great", but with Swayman on board, perhaps there's a shot at the NCAA's next year.

I can possibly see that happening, and I'll be at the Regional if they make it there. But let's keep it real here until then. Please.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-30-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    The difference has been Swayman in net, without him playing the position as a strength, Maine might not have or be close to having a winning record. He can make the difference in a close series.
    Good Lord, I agree... if Rob was the #1, Maine would maybe have 8 wins so far. Sway is a special player and he might move mountains in the coming years.

Good Lord, I agree... if Rob was the #1, Maine would maybe have 8 wins so far. Sway is a special player and he might move mountains in the coming years.
    Good lord... the team is better.

You are our spokesman. Cheer for your team. I saw the posts in the bottom four where you seemingly cheer for us to lose.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    You are our spokesman. Cheer for your team. I saw the posts in the bottom four where you seemingly cheer for us to lose.
    Come on, must we fight again? We all want to see Maine win. And honestly this is the second time Blackl has picked a fight with Fishman...

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Come on, must we fight again? We all want to see Maine win. And honestly this is the second time Blackl has picked a fight with Fishman...
    Sorry. I don't like negativity. I want promise. I won't apologize again. Gear up. Or go home. I like future. I do not care for looking over the shoulder or whistling through the grave yard... laws no.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...eeders-2017-18
    Last edited by BlackI; 01-31-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Actually truth be told this wasn't my first or second rodeo.

Last edited by BlackI; 01-31-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Come on... Maine is a rock-solid Bottom-10 team even as we speak. Run the numbers and get back to me on that one!
    I remember. Never sell out your crew.

Last edited by BlackI; 01-31-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Welcome you to go read the thread "Bottom Feeders 2017-18"

Cheering for Maine to lose.

Go pound sand.
    Last edited by BlackI; 01-31-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Thread Information