This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Not sure which tie to feel worse about, the one last night where they blew a lead or the one tonight where they played, in my opinion, substantially better than UNH, and couldn’t win.

Comment

Two bad teams playing badly, seems like the right outcome. Swayman played below his reputation (thank god), and, as someone said earlier, Tirone more lucky than good.
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Another frustrating night. Seemed like Maine had to work a lot harder for their goals.

Hamilton actually had a nice clean open ice hit late. Probably the best hit I've seen anyone in a Maine uni dish out... cleanly.

Swayman didn't have his best night, but he had an amazing save on Eiserman where some how he is all alone streaking the top of the Maine crease and tried to go back against the grain short side after Swayman went down... Swayman got it with his left pad.

I thought Tralmaks had a great night again. And Perez looked good out there. I think he might be a good go to the net front and terrorize their goalie type. Camp out take the eyes away.

Good series, although I feel anxiety ridden now. Like nothing was accomplished nor settled.

Hopefully the pats win tomorrow so I can feel better.

Comment

Holwway looked off tonite. Slow.

Comment

I expected a split so I guess i'm not super disappointed. There actually is a decent chance they play in the first round. Vermont helped Maine out a lot tonight.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Two consecutive back to back games at home and Maine ties both of them. It's probably happened before, but it's been awhile. Each team comes away with two points at least. Couldn't defeat a team behind them in the standings at home. They seem to be better on the road this year.

Comment

One nice stat is Muehlbauer registered 5 blocked shots tonight. I thought he played better tonight. One of his better games. He had a couple nice shots, one of which was a onetimer in the slot. He had a wrister late that got by Tirone initially and trickle just outside far post where Tirone had to sprawl to save and cover.

Comment

Another nice stat tonight is Lecroix won 17 of 23 faceoffs tonight. He won about 70% of his faceoffs this weekend.

Comment

Maine plays hard but without swayman playing well they can't beat anyone. Every goalie looks like Hasek, Roy, etc. Umile got the best of Red one last time. Go read the UNH thread and see what they think of their team and coach umile. It's depressing that Maine still can't beat them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but I thought Maine looked way better with Holesinsky in the lineup than without him. Small sample size, and he didn’t make any great plays or big mistakes, but still. I think the biggest thing is his presence allows the first line to be reunited, and the offense tends to flow through them.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Maine plays hard but without swayman playing well they can't beat anyone. Every goalie looks like Hasek, Roy, etc. Umile got the best of Red one last time. Go read the UNH thread and see what they think of their team and coach umile. It's depressing that Maine still can't beat them.

If they had guys in position high in the slot instead of bunched together, they probably win 8-3 by jamming home all the loose pucks that were hanging around the high crease after scrambles that Tirone couldn’t cover.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          If they had guys in position high in the slot instead of bunched together, they probably win 8-3 by jamming home all the loose pucks that were hanging around the high crease after scrambles that Tirone couldn’t cover.
                          No one is ever in the slot, they pass it there but no one is ever there. I thought they looked better, this weekend is back to the same old ****. Can't put a beachball in the ocean standing on the beach.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            I thought their lack of presence in the slot missed many opportunities. Not just rebounds but pass options on a few grinder plays.

Keeper and Binner played well.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Holwway looked off tonite. Slow.
                              I saw him take a puck blocking a shot last game, had all he could do to get to the bench. Think it was his right leg of the shin I guess. Maybe that has been bothering him.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                Not sure which tie to feel worse about, the one last night where they blew a lead or the one tonight where they played, in my opinion, substantially better than UNH, and couldn’t win.
                                Well, I liked how the team played tonight. Cycled well, and went to the net front and battled for pesky goals. That slowed Unh transition considerably. But I'd rather have the goaltending from first game. Swayman was off, this would have been a win had Maine had the goaltending of first game. I think the way the team played tonight is a good recipe for how the team needs to play. Going wide open in up and down the ice counters isn't going to be a good way(as evident on friday).

Comment

Working...
                                X