X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Originally posted by BobF View Post
    BU may be mediocre, but we have spent years being irrelevant! Tonight I am happy to say Maine Hockey is once again RELEVANT!
    Maine is still a long ways off any kind of shot at an AL bid, but things are looking-up... They have to beat Brown and at least split at NU.

HEA is not a good conference this year, and PW points in-conference won't translate to much unless you get a lot of them, and Maine will need a lot of them.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-06-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Maine is looking good. Happy thoughts.

Comment

Lacroix deserves player of the night! Wasn't lost on us mainuhs. The north remembers.

Comment

BC just tied Northern Michigan. Maine is #18 in the pairwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Maine is still a long ways off any kind of shot at an AL bid, but things are looking-up... They have to beat Brown and at least split at NU.

HEA is not a good conference this year, and PW points in-conference won't translate to much unless you get a lot of them, and Maine will need a lot of them.
            Maine is currently #18 in the PWR. How are they "a long ways off from an at-large bid"? Because you say so?

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Doherty? He wasn't on the bench last 10 minutes or so.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Anybody here know what happened to the Fire Red thread? It used to be around here somewhere.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Anybody here know what happened to the Fire Red thread? It used to be around here somewhere.
                  Protect the net front and wins happen. )

Comment

Actually your senior leader played his tail off and deserves acollades in my opinion. #14 won that game tonight and his line mates too. And Smith deserves regular shift in my opinion. Plays hard and smart. Great shifts from him lately too. Like to see him as a regular.

Comment

• Analysis of Maine’s 8 game unbeaten streak with quotes from Gendron and Vesey:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1285848
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        Analysis of Maine’s 8 game unbeaten streak with quotes from Gendron and Vesey:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1285848
                        Sort of sad no mention of 14.

Which is as much to say please report on hockey as it is played on ice.
                        Last edited by BlackI; 01-06-2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                          Maine is currently #18 in the PWR. How are they "a long ways off from an at-large bid"? Because you say so?
                          Because it's January 7.

Maine needs to take care of Brown tomorrow night and then get a split or better at Northeastern. Then we worry about UMass and UNH. Still a ways to go, but with each win the road gets easier.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            yes blackeye

sent from my sm-g950u using tapatalk
                            I guess I am. ��

Comment

• [QUOTE=walrus;6581933]Anytime you beat BU at agganis it's a quality win.../QUOTE]

This was a solid win all the way around. It's only the second game I've seen them play this season, 11/3 at UML being the other. A lot has changed since then. Lacroix played great. Swayman was the story tonight however.
                              I can read the roster like anyone but tonight I realize that Maine is a big team at every position. Keeper is the real deal...all the way...despite his 3 penalties tonight. Big kid. A great find IMHO. I also thought that the Fossier-Pearson-Tralmaks line played fast and big. No one got pushed around tonight. And there was far less "dump it and chase it" than I've seen in a long time. They played with purpose and a reasonable amount of discipline. This is a whole different deal than we've seen in a long time.

They outshoot BU at BU 37-31. When was the last time that happened?

They shut out BU at BU. Has that EVER happened?

That's a big important game (and win) on the road. Maine is winning on the road. To be fair, guys like Harper and Tkachuk didn't play their usual solid games tonight after returning from the World Juniors last night. But that's not why BU lost tonight. Congrats Black Bears!

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                They shut out BU at BU. Has that EVER happened?
                                Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Jeremy Swayman just became the first Maine goalie to win a shutout at BU. Blair Allison earned a 26-save shutout 2/19/94 in a scoreless tie.

Comment

Working...
                                X