Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018, reds last stand part 2

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    How about Hammys penalty in the corner. Want to see that in front of the net where it is acceptable. No, I'll take out my aggression with a war move in the corner. Play in front of the net like that. You and Muehlbauer both. Not in the corners where it is obvious.
    Agree. Hamilton can't keep up most of the time .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

#11 having a good game

Another penalty

Timeout Red. Use it. Cmon!
    "A fate that we deserved? Of course it is what we deserved. We played out there. If we screw up, who's fault is it? I don't blame the referees. I don't blame the other team. It is on us. We don't make any excuses and we don't let anyone else make excuses for us. Ever! Ever! And as long as I am the coach here that's how it's gonna be. And as long as I am the coach here the only thing we will accept is victory! Ties - we don't accept it. Losses - we don't accept it. Victory! Period!" - Red Gendron

Another breakaway no score, great play by Michel right before

Use timeout and give pep talk!
    "A fate that we deserved? Of course it is what we deserved. We played out there. If we screw up, who's fault is it? I don't blame the referees. I don't blame the other team. It is on us. We don't make any excuses and we don't let anyone else make excuses for us. Ever! Ever! And as long as I am the coach here that's how it's gonna be. And as long as I am the coach here the only thing we will accept is victory! Ties - we don't accept it. Losses - we don't accept it. Victory! Period!" - Red Gendron

Holway had an absolute shocker tonight, as bad as Iíve ever seen him play.

Called that from a mile away. You needed a timeout for rest, a pep talk, and a play drawn up.

University of Maine Class of 2020

A blown call leads to the fifth goal and kills any chance for Maine, and 5-3 is your final.

We have the Andy Reid of college hockey coaches.

Maine played well until 5 minutes left in 3rd and NU dominated the last of period. Maine ran out of gas being down all game.

Sucks but NU played better. Can't get down 4 to 1 against better team and expect to win.
    Who is in better shape? We will see tomorrow at 5

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Maine played well until 5 minutes left in 3rd and NU dominated the last of period. Maine ran out of gas being down all game.

Sucks but NU played better. Can't get down 4 to 1 against better team and expect to win.
    Who is in better shape? We will see tomorrow at 5

Would Walshy have called a Timeout? Would Walshy have done it to give Holway a breather and had him with keeper... and pulled the goalie with 3 minutes left?

Good effort. Came up short. Special teams the difference. And props to primeau he played a heck of a game.

Would Walshy have called a Timeout? Would Walshy have done it to give Holway a breather and had him with keeper... and pulled the goalie with 3 minutes left?
    Yes. He would have.

I doubt it, Maine was out of gas by then. If they can come out tomorrow like they played in 3rd they have a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Holway had an absolute shocker tonight, as bad as Iíve ever seen him play.
    Not me. He logged a ton of minutes. He is about the best D we got and if you observed it, he played more than twice the minutes of the bottom of the six.

I doubt it, Maine was out of gas by then. If they can come out tomorrow like they played in 3rd they have a chance

I mean that is my point. Let's get our top crew a breather knowing we are undermanned.

This isn't rocket science.

University of Maine Class of 2020

It comes down to conditioning for me. If they're well conditioned enough to play a string and complete game, I bet they win. They showed that, by and large, they can stay with NU and possibly beat them.

I mean that is my point. Let's get our top crew a breather knowing we are undermanned.

This isn't rocket science.
    Yeah it may have helped but the team was spent, I doubt a few minutes helps but may have kept that 5th goal off the board. Maine had many chances to tie it up, they simply don't have the guns NU does. No Maine player scores that 5th goal like NU? Maybe vesey if his head is still in game

Not me. He logged a ton of minutes. He is about the best D we got and if you observed it, he played more than twice the minutes of the bottom of the six.
    He looked all over the place on a few of NEUís goals. Need more from him tomorrow.

Thread Information