China vs. Switzerland
    6 a.m. – 10 a.m.
    Mixed Doubles Curling
    U.S. vs. Canada (LIVE)
    China vs. South Korea
    Men’s Ski Jumping – Individual Normal Hill Competition
    8 p.m. – 11:35 p.m.
    Mixed Doubles Curling – U.S. vs. Switzerland
    Men’s Alpine Skiing – Downhill Training (LIVE)
    Men’s Luge – Training
    11:35 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
    Mixed Doubles Curling – U.S. vs. South Korea (LIVE)

Will update with more later. Running into a meeting now!

Comment

Re: Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics Thread: It's Time to Bribe Some Judges

Game on.

But, it's interesting to see performers "fail" relative to what the announcers are saying. Or the pre-event hype. Both an American and a Russian skater didn't come close to expectations. And that's why they have to perform.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Just for clarity since we also have a spoiler thread, what is considered verboten here? If it airs on the NBC app? NBC prime time? I mean, most of the smaller events will never air on the prime time broadcast.
        I would say still give folks maybe a day to catch up because there will be much Tivo'ing.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

More than a couple days please. I have a work trip I RT back from on Wednesday. I don’t care about medal counts being spoiled in this thread or general comments and news, but for those of us who travel a lot it’s kind of nice to know we can read one thread without full spoilers.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I have a feeling I'll have to avoid NBC and stick to the other channels. They'll be throwing that ice dancing garbage up in primetime every night, and that **** is unwatchable.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I have a feeling I'll have to avoid NBC and stick to the other channels. They'll be throwing that ice dancing garbage up in primetime every night, and that **** is unwatchable.
              Figure skating is the highest rated event, and with no NHL players there’s nothing else that comes close.

Now ice dancing sucks and normally figure skating does too but, with Lipinski and Weir savagely ripping everyone to shreds it’s entertaining.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Figure skating is the highest rated event, and with no NHL players there’s nothing else that comes close.

Now ice dancing sucks and normally figure skating does too but, with Lipinski and Weir savagely ripping everyone to shreds it’s entertaining.
                I know it is, and that's why it is shown. I just don't understand the appeal, and I really don't like watching, so I won't. It just sucks that there is pretty much no reason for me to watch any of the primetime stuff, since it will all be something that sucks as much as figure skating.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I know it is, and that's why it is shown. I just don't understand the appeal, and I really don't like watching, so I won't. It just sucks that there is pretty much no reason for me to watch any of the primetime stuff, since it will all be something that sucks as much as figure skating.
                  Mars v Venus. When in doubt, show Venus.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ice Dancing makes Figure Skating riveting...
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Shirtless Tongan is back.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        He said he wasn't going to do that again because it's too cold. Freaking hilarious. I would bet that as soon as his march was done, he quickly donned a winter coat...
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler
                          Flag's Guide to athletes to root for in the Olympics.
                          You posted a link to xfinity's email...
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            He said he wasn't going to do that again because it's too cold. Freaking hilarious. I would bet that as soon as his march was done, he quickly donned a winter coat...
                            Probably still worth it.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

30 minutes in, and I already hate NBCs coverage.

That could be a new record. Normally it takes me at least a day to hate NBC during the Olympics.

Comment

Here's how I get around the coverage.

0. Record everything, never watch live.
                                1. Fast forward through every ad (do this always -- ads are for morons.)
                                2. Fast forward through every segment where the camera is on an anchor.
                                3. Fast forward through every segment on an American athlete.
                                4. Fast forward through every segment with piano music.
                                5. Fast forward through every post-event interview with an American athlete.

This will do for a start. You can cut about 90% of the ape jingoism and about 60% of the maudlin garbage by using your remote.

I would say each hour of coverage contains about 12 minutes of content; the rest is feces for the hogs.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X