Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics Thread: It's Time to Bribe Some Judges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics Thread: It's Time to Bribe Some Judges

Hey we already have our first missed “sure thing”! Ashley Wagner fails to qualify in figure skating. That sound you hear is video editors quickly editing NBC promos.

But good riddance you entitled ****.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Hey we already have our first missed “sure thing”! Ashley Wagner fails to qualify in figure skating. That sound you hear is video editors quickly editing NBC promos.

Yep, it's incredible how quickly the bottom fell out of US women's figure skating in the last decade.

Comment

That’s not very nice.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          That’s not very nice.
          That was the intention.

Ashley Wagner is living proof that being pretty matters way more than being good. It’s always funny when an entitled pretty one gets dumped in favor of someone younger and prettier.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Wagner is good, but not great, and often chokes when it matters. Unfortunately, she has the attitude of someone who is great and rarely/never chokes.

She's not even worthy of being compared to Michelle Kwan, who at least has a couple of consolation medals for her Olympic choking. OTOH, Wagner has also never been considered a World #1, let alone for five years straight.

Comment

The Koreas will march under a single flag during the opening ceremony, as well as fielding a joint women's hockey team.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                The Koreas will march under a single flag during the opening ceremony, as well as fielding a joint women's hockey team.
                Reportedly the first time the host nation's flag is not flown. For anyone wondering, upon a white background, a blue silhouette of the Korean peninsula will make up the flag.

Olympics were suspended during the world wars. If this is a step towards a treaty to end the Korean War (remember that it never actually ended; there was merely a cease fire), that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Well that convinces me. Korea is now the predominant favorites for women's hockey gold...
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

So Curling gets going tonight with the first matches in the Mixed Doubles prelims. They start sweeping st 7pm EST.

As most have already figured, the time difference is going to be a ***** to deal with 14 hours ahead of the East Coast.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Reportedly the first time the host nation's flag is not flown. For anyone wondering, upon a white background, a blue silhouette of the Korean peninsula will make up the flag.

Olympics were suspended during the world wars. If this is a step towards a treaty to end the Korean War (remember that it never actually ended; there was merely a cease fire), that's a good thing.
                      That it is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        So Curling gets going tonight with the first matches in the Mixed Doubles prelims. They start sweeping st 7pm EST.

As most have already figured, the time difference is going to be a ***** to deal with 14 hours ahead of the East Coast.
                        Eh, 18 for me. That’s just +1 day and -6 hours. I got used to it during the 2002 World Cup.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Eh, 18 for me. That’s just +1 day and -6 hours. I got used to it during the 2002 World Cup.
                          Aren't you closer to Korea than we are on the East Coast?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            silly boy.... the earth is flat
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Seoul is ~400 miles further.

Somewhat related, an Asia Olympics is always good for me as we’ve been sending fully loaded 747-8s to ICN the past couple of weeks.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Just for clarity since we also have a spoiler thread, what is considered verboten here? If it airs on the NBC app? NBC prime time? I mean, most of the smaller events will never air on the prime time broadcast.

Comment

Working...
                                X