Maine @ RPI, 12/29/17 & 12/30/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine @ RPI, 12/29/17 & 12/30/17

I might as well start this even though it is several weeks away.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Maine @ RPI, 12/29/17 & 12/30/17

Because their is so much excitement for 2 bottom feeders ?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Because their is so much excitement for 2 bottom feeders ?
      You already defeated us once.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hey Ralph, we're ticketing-up for the entire weekend. Haven't been to Houston in a while (years) and can't remember which end RPI defends in the 1st and 3rd. Could you jog my memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Hey Ralph, we're ticketing-up for the entire weekend. Haven't been to Houston in a while (years) and can't remember which end RPI defends in the 1st and 3rd. Could you jog my memory?
          Although I was there only three weeks ago, I better let a local answer this. I think it is the west end, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.
          BTW, in some third periods, UNH and Princeton for example, it isn't clear that we did much defending of either end in the third period.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is the West End. Sadly, there are no girls. (Hopefully someone got the reference, I'd be disappointed if you didn't.) Formerly called "Section 1," the visiting team fans almost always sat there because it was the direction that they shot at twice. It was taken out about a decade ago under the Appert era and replaced by Shirley's Mansion, which is hardly ever occupied. It's also where alot of the corporate events, etc...take place. If you want to get close to that area, I'd recommend a seat in section 21.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Good chance you won't see Maine's number 1 goalie. Swayman should be with US world jr team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                It is the West End. Sadly, there are no girls. (Hopefully someone got the reference, I'd be disappointed if you didn't.) Formerly called "Section 1," the visiting team fans almost always sat there because it was the direction that they shot at twice. It was taken out about a decade ago under the Appert era and replaced by Shirley's Mansion, which is hardly ever occupied. It's also where alot of the corporate events, etc...take place. If you want to get close to that area, I'd recommend a seat in section 21.
                Thanks to you and Ralph. I've been looking for a seating chart, but in vain. (And, believe me, I'm invisible to college girls these days, even if The Warden wasn't coming along to smack my head for even looking. )
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-07-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Good chance you won't see Maine's number 1 goalie. Swayman should be with US world jr team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Yeah, that seems to be the case. Really wanted to see him in person for the first time; I do have high hopes for him.

Oh well, Rob isn't awful, but Maine will have to very good in front of him if they have any hope whatsoever of a sweep.

(Thing is, neither team is going anywhere this season, and I kinda like 7-6 games!)

Comment

Thanks to you and Ralph. I've been looking for a seating chart, but in vain. (And, believe me, I'm invisible to college girls these days, even if The Warden wasn't coming along to smack my head for even looking. )
                    I had the same problem this year. There used to be a detailed chart. Here is an old diagram showing where each section is. https://www.stub.com/rpi-fieldhouse-tickets/. The stage on the east end (left) is no longer there. IIRC, at least on the south side (top), the lower number seats are toward the west (right). Rows start with A nearest the ice.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I had the same problem this year. There used to be a detailed chart. Here is an old diagram showing where each section is. https://www.stub.com/rpi-fieldhouse-tickets/. The stage on the east end (left) is no longer there. IIRC, at least on the south side (top), the lower number seats are toward the west (right). Rows start with A nearest the ice.
                      Thanks Ralph, that was hugely helpful. (You never know if the kids manning the ticket-office phones know the home-end from their hind-end.)

One more thing, if you RPI fans have the patience... Is there netting in the corners? Thanks again!
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-07-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ralph, that was hugely helpful. (You never know if the kids manning the ticket-office phones know the home-end from their hind-end.)

One more thing, if you RPI fans have the patience... Is there netting in the corners? Thanks again!
                        Yes, there is.
                        One piece of advice: don’t get seats too low. Your view will be blocked by people walking by. Row H or higher is recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          Yes, there is.
                          One piece of advice: don’t get seats too low. Your view will be blocked by people walking by. Row H or higher is recommended.
                          Thank you, too. There's no substitute for local expertise.

Comment

Actually, there are old ladies manning the phones. (Probably younger than I am, but nevertheless ...) You can also buy tickets online. See the link from this page. http://www.rpiathletics.com/sports/2...709104100.aspx Amazingly enough when you start doing that, you do get a seating chart after a couple of clicks as I just found out. Although the seat numbers and row letters are not legible at least to me, if you save the diagram they are.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Actually, there are old ladies manning the phones. (Probably younger than I am, but nevertheless ...) You can also buy tickets online. See the link from this page. http://www.rpiathletics.com/sports/2...709104100.aspx Amazingly enough when you start doing that, you do get a seating chart after a couple of clicks as I just found out. Although the seat numbers and row letters are not legible at least to me, if you save the diagram they are.
                              The link you previously posted for the seating chart worked well, too, JSYK. I know exactly where I want to sit now.

And, yes, I'll call the ticket department and charge the tickets. (I'd sooner flop my junk into a Cuisinart and set it on "puree" than give TicketBastard one thin dime.)

You guys have been great with all your useful advice!

Comment

Working...
                              X