X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    How will you fare in year 10?
    No plan survives contact with the enemy.

In other words, Congre$$ will revise the 2018 Law that it will be unrecognizable from what will be passed in the next few days.

I'll be 73. That much is certain.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

The controversy intensified further when Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) appeared on ABC News’ “This Week” yesterday and George Stephanopoulos asked about the specific provision benefiting those with real estate income through LLCs. When the host asked if Republicans are prepared to undo this, Cornyn dodged. It led to this exchange:

STEPHANOPOULOS: [This provision] apparently was added at the last minute. Why was that done? Why was it necessary to include that provision?

CORNYN: Well, we were working very hard. It was a very intense process. As I said, the Democrats refused to participate. And what we’ve tried to do is cobble together the votes we needed to get this bill passed.
      Bob Corker owns a lot of real estate. Hey, Bob. Go **** yourself.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        No plan survives contact with the enemy.

In other words, Congre$$ will revise the 2018 Law that it will be unrecognizable from what will be passed in the next few days.

I'll be 73. That much is certain.
        I'm guessing that when Obamacare was implemented you weren't so quick to dismiss its impact on the future. As long as you get your couple grand while you're young enough to enjoy it...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I can think of about a thousand different ways to do this tax cut that would have been acceptable to me.
          Then name one or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            I'm guessing that when Obamacare was implemented you weren't so quick to dismiss its impact on the future. As long as you get your couple grand while you're young enough to enjoy it...
            I had/have insurance through my employer. I thought ACA was an unwarranted federal overreach that, sure as shootin', the Feds would find a way to foul it up like they did with No Child Left Behind and Common Core. They did.

It should have stayed at the State level.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I had/have insurance through my employer. I thought ACA was an unwarranted federal overreach that, sure as shootin', the Republicans would find a way to foul it up like they did with No Child Left Behind and Common Core. They did.

FTFY, Joe.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                FTFY, Joe.
                Hmmmm.. Remember the Deep State?
                https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...trump-s-agenda

It's not a party, it's the bureaucrats who have an entrenched interest in Empire Building..
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's not a party, it's the bureaucrats who have an entrenched interest in Empire Building..
                  Always look at those appointed.

Comment

You're wrong. Your party sabotaged Obamacare to score points and to continue the false narrative that government is the enemy of the people. You've bought a load of goods from a group of con artists who happily harm innocent people to feed their ideology and line their own pockets.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I had/have insurance through my employer. I thought ACA was an unwarranted federal overreach that, sure as shootin', the Feds would find a way to foul it up like they did with No Child Left Behind and Common Core. They did.

Because poor people in Mississippi and Kentucky deserve to be farked over, right?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Because poor people in Mississippi and Kentucky deserve to be farked over, right?
                        Now you mention it...
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sweet. U of Minnesota emailed season ticket holders today to remind us that our current required “donation” is currently 80% deductible but will not be at all under the new tax plan. They are letting you donate before 12/31 if you want to get the deduction.
                          I’ll pass.

Comment

To be honest it feels like they think we're too stupid to understand what's in the bill so they'll get away with it. Just heard a House Republican say that Americans don't care about carried interest. "Raises Hand", I do.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              To be honest it feels like they think we're too stupid to understand what's in the bill so they'll get away with it.
                              Yep, extremely disrespectful and brazen. The good news is, support for it is down another 10 points so it will def be an anchor on the campaign trail this summer.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Yep, extremely disrespectful and brazen. The good news is, support for it is down another 10 points so it will def be an anchor on the campaign trail this summer.
                                I hope so.

It's pretty easy to distract the public from stuff like this. One of the ways they get away with it is the media is primed to think (or to act as if they think) that people don't care about / can't understand policy and finance. That's why we wind up with a 24/7 inundation of sports and entertainment instead of news. Of course, it also serves the interests of the ruling class to put the people to sleep.

The Dems need to pound this every day from now til November. We are in a class war; our side just isn't fighting.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X