This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

Who knew the Net Nutrality comments were held in Cook County, Illinois.

Dead people were able to post technically detailed support for the repeal of Net Nutrality.

@MackenzieAstin: Hey, @AjitPaiFCC, today my mom would have turned 71. But she didn't. Because she died in March of 2016. Can you please take the time to explain to me how she made three separate comments in support of ending #NetNeutrality more than a year after she died?

cc: @SeanAstin
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

ArsTechnica with more details.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...lity-comments/

Apparently people who were affected by data breaches were more susceptible to being impersonated on the FCC comment page.

23 Million comments were made, over 2 Million were easily verifiable as fraudulent. No word in the percentage of yay or nay votes.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Who knew the Net Nutrality comments were held in Cook County, Illinois.

Dead people were able to post technically detailed support for the repeal of Net Nutrality.
        I know there was an article where they used machine learning to spot the bot accounts posting in favor of NN.

Comment

Fox News Sunday. All the Republicans and Steve Mnuchin creaming over the tax cut. The two Democrats telling the truth. Now we get to wait and see. Meanwhile some of us will have our taxes increase or get a pittance in the meantime while watching the safety net disappear and the strain on government get worse.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

McCain isn’t doing well and is going home. He’ll miss the tax vote. Won’t matter.
            Meanwhile corker is pulling a pathetic stunt- now demanding to know how the last minute provision that greatly benefits him got in there

Comment

Ran a back of the envelope calculation on the new tax act. I'll save a few K.

I think we'll be taking the standard deduction rather than itemize, particularly with the 10K limit on state and local taxes.

So will the rich and powerful in high tax states flee to cheaper alternatives?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I think we'll be taking the standard deduction rather than itemize, particularly with the 10K limit on state and local taxes.

Will Wall St ever move from New York?

(which happens to be my standard response to claims that people will move their investments off shore if Capitol Gains was treated like normal income)

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

Yes. It’s a vicious cycle and it will be unpleasant for a lot of states. They should make small modifications to the pension plans now so people don’t get completely screwed later.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Will Wall St ever move from New York?

(which happens to be my standard response to claims that people will move their investments off shore if Capitol Gains was treated like normal income)
                    They'll live in New Jersey.

Comment

I find it an interesting back door way to get the states to become more resourceful: Put pressure on them to lower taxes, which would then require a cut in spending.

Comment

It's interesting how the percentage tax cut you get goes up the more you earn. So, it's not enough that it's the dollars it also has to be the size of the cut. Even the Child Tax Credit. You get $4000 if you make 4000,000 a year. You get $75 if you're in poverty. Makes total sense.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It's interesting how the percentage tax cut you get goes up the more you earn. So, it's not enough that it's the dollars it also has to be the size of the cut. Even the Child Tax Credit. You get $4000 if you make 4000,000 a year. You get $75 if you're in poverty. Makes total sense.
                          They could use any system of reduction, and you'd still find a problem with it. You're basically proving Mrs. Sanders' beer analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            They could use any system of reduction, and you'd still find a problem with it. You're basically proving Mrs. Sanders' beer analogy.
                            I can think of about a thousand different ways to do this tax cut that would have been acceptable to me. Instead, they did the worst possible thing. And all polling indicates that people agree with me and not you. I find it most interesting that you continually spend all this time here carrying a man's water that has no interest in actually helping the people that elected him. It's astonishing.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I can think of about a thousand different ways to do this tax cut that would have been acceptable to me. Instead, they did the worst possible thing. And all polling indicates that people agree with me and not you. I find it most interesting that you continually spend all this time here carrying a man's water that has no interest in actually helping the people that elected him. It's astonishing.
                              And they consistently do the opposite of what they run on- fiscal conservatism.

Taking this big of a chance on economic growth is anything but a conservative move. Past trials of cuts like this have not produced the desired result- some even going the opposite direction. So this is HUGE risk taking in the overall economy.

How can that ever be considered conservative?

And how does that fly in the face of not upping the debt/deficit? How do members who are so "hawkive" over spending see this as a good thing?? The math just does not work out, and the theory hasn't ever come close to working out.

Comment

How will you fare in year 10?

Comment

Working...
                                X