X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This blows we away. The annual retention rate for my program (let alone my company) has been > 95% for over 25 years. Of 50 FTE we have 12 who have been here > 20 years. I'm at 12 years and am regarded as a newbie.

Of the people I started work with who are no longer here, about 20% left because they died.

This is, I gather, a very weird arrangement by contemporary standards.
    I've been at my company over 12 years. I'm an old timer in my department, but there is at least one person in the department that's over 20 years. I know of a few people company wide that are 30+ years.

But outside my company there are only a handful of jobs in my field in the area so leaving would also likely require a move out of state -- that tends to make people more loyal.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKJpx3-Zwdg

Here's a video on the tax plan. A rich guy basically destroys Fox Business guy Varney by explaining to him how his taxes are going to cut in half. In New Jersey even. See the SALT thing doesn't benefit the rich, it benefits the middle class who are getting screwed by its elimination.

Another Great Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPe5xYBP0D8
      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 12-08-2017, 09:13 AM.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Republican voters up to 76% approval of the tax plan now. LOL. Baa-aaa-aaa.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you ever took Rt-17 South in NJ, just before you merged into I-80, on the right was the fictional Bada Bing! and the real life Satin Dolls.

Soon to be no more. Somebody did not get their share of the wealth.

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2...nos_haunt.html
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This blows we away. The annual retention rate for my program (let alone my company) has been > 95% for over 25 years. Of 50 FTE we have 12 who have been here > 20 years. I'm at 12 years and am regarded as a newbie.

Of the people I started work with who are no longer here, about 20% left because they died.

So the plan is to work with my supervisor and start moving up within the next few months. I could get to Team Lead within 6 months and possibly supervisor within 2 years.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Don't know if this is true or not, but Nicholas Tesla posted this on FB.

Bitcoin - world's biggest bank with no actual cash.
              Uber - World's largest taxi company, owns no vehicles.
              Facebook - World's most popular media owner, creates no content.
              Alibaba - World's most valuable retailer, has no inventory.
              Airbnb - World's largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Don't know if this is true or not, but Nicholas Tesla posted this on FB.

Bitcoin - world's biggest bank with no actual cash.
                Uber - World's largest taxi company, owns no vehicles.
                Facebook - World's most popular media owner, creates no content.
                Alibaba - World's most valuable retailer, has no inventory.
                Airbnb - World's largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate.
                Somewhere Jerry Seinfeld smiles.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It's good to have and read a bill before passing it so "stuff" like this doesn't happen; and, why does "Ayn Rand" and "Atlas Shrugged" come to mind ...

The possible marginal tax rate of more than 100% results from the combination of tax policies designed to provide benefits to businesses and families but then deny them to the richest people. As income climbs and those breaks phase out, each dollar of income faces regular tax rates and a hidden marginal rate on top of that, in the form of vanishing tax breaks. That structure, if maintained in a final law, would create some of the disincentives to working and to earning business profit that Republicans have long complained about, while opening lucrative avenues for tax avoidance.
                  https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-tax...ome-1512942118
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    and, why does "Ayn Rand" and "Atlas Shrugged" come to mind...
                    Because you and FraudDUDE88 touch yourselves thinking of that mousy, delusional old bat every single night?

Comment

So... Apple bought Shazam.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Do you work for a rural electric/telephone cooperative somewhere in the Midwest?
                        That's the only place I see numbers like that other than the Federal government.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Do you work for a rural electric/telephone cooperative somewhere in the Midwest?
                          That's the only place I see numbers like that other than the Federal government.
                          USG contractor.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

USG contractor.
                            It's the same thing at my company. "To move up here, someone has to die."
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              It's the same thing at my company. "To move up here, someone has to die."
                              Dr. Mrs. and I have our professions reversed. She is very ambitious and cares a lot about her work but she's a guvvy. I have no ambition beyond a paycheck and not only don't I value work I am deeply disgusted by and resentful of it, and I'm in the private sector.
                              Cornell University

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIKIdE0vYok

Comment

Working...
                                X