This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

Also, what was interesting was the market bounced off the 100-day SMA after cracking the 50-day SMA and triggering the sell-off. I'm guessing that's when institutions started gobbling up the deep discounts. Cripes, my company was off about 8.5% today. I fired up my brokerage account to get in on it and buy, but the buy backs happened far too fast.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That is so fundamentally misleading it makes me wonder if you understand the basics. The idea of DCAing is that you don't have a lump sum to invest all at one time. You can't take your entire annual 401(k) contribution and invest it over one day.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Also, what was interesting was the market bounced off the 100-day SMA after cracking the 50-day SMA and triggering the sell-off. I'm guessing that's when institutions started gobbling up the deep discounts. Cripes, my company was off about 8.5% today. I fired up my brokerage account to get in on it and buy, but the buy backs happened far too fast.
        Hence why I use limit triggers set for GTC.

Comment

That is so fundamentally misleading it makes me wonder if you understand the basics. The idea of DCAing is that you don't have a lump sum to invest all at one time. You can't take your entire annual 401(k) contribution and invest it over one day.
          I'm fairly convinced, by now, Scooby is just trolling.

Comment

Also, what was interesting was the market bounced off the 100-day SMA
            Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This isn't a flash crash. The flash crash was caused by a fat fingered or manipulative trade. I tuned to CNBC and MSNBC and they've called the NYSE and other exchanges and they have absolutely no evidence of this being a fat-fingered trade.

ETA: This is likely a result of the automated trading age we're in. WHen you cross markers like the 50-day SMA, you start to trigger the first large wave of computer-generated trades selling. Every step you take generates more. Eventually this snowballs until an actual human grabs the controls again, takes off autopilot, and that's why you saw the bounceback. People saw the stock market pulling a Menards 11% rebate on everything sale and they cashed in.
              Automated trading explains the volume and resultant volatility, but it doesn't explain the original sell-off to trigger all of this, which is where, if you're really concerned about who's to blame, the investigation should happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
                Nope, it's a dance move. Shaking My ***. Simple Moving Average for the uninitiated

Comment

I understand that's how most of us have to invest. I get it. But, anyone who thinks it offers any sort of advantage is delusional. I know who or what has the advantage and it's not average investors and it's not dollar cost averaging. Dollar Cost Averaging is a sucker ploy to get people to invest their money in the market as the great retirement engine. Which right now is true because all other retirement vehicles have been destroyed by the Stock Market lobby.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

ETA: This is likely a result of the automated trading age we're in.
                    I read a lot of automated sells kicked in at Dow25k and S&P2700. That added downward thrust.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Just another example of how the stock market works for the few and not the many.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
                        Simple moving average. That's what the cool kids like dxmn call it. I just call it the moving average.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The machines, program trading, will always beat you. Why? They know and act as it happens. (There's probably a good Terminator/SkyNet reference in there.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I understand that's how most of us have to invest. I get it. But, anyone who thinks it offers any sort of advantage is delusional. I know who or what has the advantage and it's not average investors and it's not dollar cost averaging. Dollar Cost Averaging is a sucker ploy to get people to invest their money in the market as the great retirement engine. Which right now is true because all other retirement vehicles have been destroyed by the Stock Market lobby.
                            Again, the market is historically the best retirement engine we've ever created. There's a reason Warren Buffet has never had to pay out on his million-dollar hedge fund bet and why he said his wife should put her retirement into the market after he kicks off. The S&P 500 has only been down over a ten-year period a handful of times. Since 1950 it's basically happened twice: The great recession (where the losses relatively quickly rebounded) and in the 1970s it happened twice. It has not had negative annualized returns over a 15-year period since at least 1950. That's the furthest I could go back on short notice.
                            Code:

Comment

Hear comes the "I called it" and claims of political motivation (not too far fetched given the magnitude of recent events, but still too early to know for sure): https://www.infowars.com/flashback-a...amed-on-trump/

Comment

Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
                                simple moving average.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X