This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

Want your 15 an hour? No five dollar footlong for you. http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/10/se...illed-the-five

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Want your 15 an hour? No five dollar footlong for you. http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/10/se...illed-the-five
      And the backwoods McDonald's in the town I was working last summer refused to participate in the "Any Size Drinks for $1"promotion. The McDonald's at the Oasis on the Illinois Tollway does not participate in the "Dollar Menu" promotions.

Remind me again how one franchised location's owner refusing to participate in a corporate national promotion is caused by $15/hr?

Especially when those getting $8.25/hr in Illinois aren't participating.

Also, I thought it was automated cashier/ordering machines that was killing the $15/hr job in Seattle. Can these people pick a narrative and stick with it?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well, blame the Italians

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...g-plantations/
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• My company apparently hates OT and has cut it, ****ing a whole bunch of people off. Corporate came through a couple weeks ago, and after that, the "be off the floor by X time" speeches from supervisors came.

We have problems with retention, and this will not help.

As for me, I'm not bereft of job options. I could try and get promoted, look elsewhere for work, or play the long game and go back to school.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That happens all the time. Usually around contract negotiation time or when things are tight. Honestly, thems the breaks in the hourly world.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              My company apparently hates OT and has cut it, ****ing a whole bunch of people off. Corporate came through a couple weeks ago, and after that, the "be off the floor by X time" speeches from supervisors came.

As for me, I'm not bereft of job options. I could try and get promoted, look elsewhere for work, or play the long game and go back to school.
              Only with specific exceptions can I get OT without PO'ing my boss and her boss.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                My company apparently hates OT and has cut it, ****ing a whole bunch of people off. Corporate came through a couple weeks ago, and after that, the "be off the floor by X time" speeches from supervisors came.

When I first started at my company, same thing. Had a LOT of part-timers, so when full-timers hit 40 hours, you were done for the week. Nowadays, I don't think I've seen a straight 40 hour week (except for holiday weeks) in a few years. Almost no PTs, almost all FTs, also.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What’s OT?

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    What’s OT?

Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You guys know SB is hourly, not salary, yes? Of course salaried/non-exempt employees don't get OT.

Brent knows.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        You guys know SB is hourly, not salary, yes? Of course salaried/non-exempt employees don't get OT.

Brent knows.
                        And I'm guessing that mookie and dx make quite a bit more than SB and I do.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Brent knows.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            What’s OT?

TV show about Old Tappan, NJ.

Having worked for the feds for 32 years, OT for white collar employees was not liked. In the end, we ended up with comp time in lieu of OT.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Walmart announces a raise and credits the new tax law. Only thing is that they've been raising wages for each of the last few years in response to market forces and state level minimum wage hikes in many states - and needed to do it again this year anyways. They got credit from the Trump administration. The next day the company fired thousands of workers.

Hopefully all that grows the company 50%...so then it can make up for the reduction in its tax bill.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Walmart announces a raise and credits the new tax law. Only thing is that they've been raising wages for each of the last few years in response to market forces and state level minimum wage hikes in many states - and needed to do it again this year anyways. They got credit from the Trump administration. The next day the company fired thousands of workers.

Hopefully all that grows the company 50%...so then it can make up for the reduction in its tax bill.
                                They raised it to just below the poverty line too lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X