X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Wouldn't the problem then be those who vote on and pass said policies/laws?

Why don't the voters flush out the problems? Why do we sent 95+% of incumbents, both parties, or is it uniparty, back?
    You forgot the punchline.

So vote Republican!
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Wouldn't the problem then be those who vote on and pass said policies/laws?

Why don't the voters flush out the problems? Why do we sent 95+% of incumbents, both parties, or is it uniparty, back?
      Because:

Comment

lot of D looking out for themselves and their rich friends too these last 40 yrs

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mooks, you used to pay $50 in taxes on $100 income; now you pay $45.
          jerphs used to pay $1.25 on $5 and now they're paying $1.
          Dat ain't right.

Why?
          Because nowhere do we talk about how what used to be a $51.25 budget will be reshaped to be run on $46.
          This example does not follow with reality based on YOUR link. The top earners get the largest $ AND % savings. You are showing the low earners getting a larger %. You can't even make up stupid examples correctly.

And to your why, that has absolutely nothing to do with anything you've posted about up to this point. Trying to change the narrative now that your first one has been shown to be bunk?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            lot of D looking out for themselves and their rich friends too these last 40 yrs
            Yes, this is true. The older I get the more I think it's a two-headed monster. The GOP is the face they use for the ignorant, Dem is the face they use for the educated, but their game is to play us off against each other while they farm us like the taille of old.

We have to get one of the parties back somehow. Our best bet is the Dems. There are more ignorant than educated but the educated are more effective plus, you know, right.
            Last edited by Kepler; 12-26-2017, 10:47 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

WaPo story over the weekend says 80% of filers are getting tax cut. Is getting a tax cut good or bad is one question.

I'm going to keep saying, what's the effect on the overall budget? Where are the associated spending cuts to offset the projected lower revenues (aka increased deficit and debt). I'm with the Ds on this when they are asking.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The older I get the more I think it's a two-headed monster. The GOP is the face they use for the ignorant, Dem is the face they use for the educated, but their game is to play us off against each other while they farm us like the taille of old.

We have to get one of the parties back somehow.
                So you're starting to see and believe the UniParty "myth"?

Carvill and Matlin. Paul Ryan and his D lobbyist wife. It's all just WWE, but with more expensive staging.
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-26-2017, 10:50 AM.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

What better way to bleed off all the anger and potential for political action than to stage a WWE match?

Notice that no matter how much control the Dems get we can never get our economic policies passed? And no matter how much control the GOP gets they can never get our social policies passed?

Why is that?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    What better way to bleed off all the anger and potential for political action than to stage a WWE match?

Notice that no matter how much control the Dems get we can never get our economic policies passed? And no matter how much control the GOP gets they can never get our social policies passed?

Why is that?
                    Because you always need a heel. The only thing better than a heel is a heel turn.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

WaPo story over the weekend says 80% of filers are getting tax cut. Is getting a tax cut good or bad is one question.

I'm going to keep saying, what's the effect on the overall budget? Where are the associated spending cuts to offset the projected lower revenues (aka increased deficit and debt). I'm with the Ds on this when they are asking.
                      defense is where it's at. start there.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

I’d be curious to see this shown with, instead of party, progressives vs. conservatives. The knuckledraggers voted D for a long time until the Ds kicked them out of the party. Then Buckley booted the John Birch Society from the party and now they’re being let back in.

There’s also the question of which party had control of the House, Senate, and White House at what times.

Edit: nm. White House is in the center.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I’d be curious to see this shown with, instead of party, progressives vs. conservatives. The knuckledraggers voted D for a long time until the Ds kicked them out of the party. Then Buckley booted the John Birch Society from the party and now they’re being let back in.

There’s also the question of which party had control of the House, Senate, and White House at what times.

Edit: nm. White House is in the center.
                          I would also be curious on state legislatures by party.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

A couple years ago I put one of those together going back 200 years including governors. I could dig it out and publish it.

Basically it was an excel file with President, Senate, House, Supreme Court, state houses, governors, presidential voting share, and I think a few others. It was a fairly large file.
                            Code:

Comment

we were just going on the last 40yrs when dems seem to carry special dispensation.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                A couple years ago I put one of those together going back 200 years including governors. I could dig it out and publish it.
                                Cool.

Not looking to give away the fruits of your labor; however, if you gave it to a site like 538 I'm sure they'd put it out there as a resource and give you proper credit.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X