This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

welfare crap is peanuts of the federal budget. so any "analysis" that magazines want to run that discount the major part of federal spending are a waste of mookie's time and sound foolish.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      and sound foolish.
      You would know...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        You would know...
        government lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          If you want to split CA into 3, okay, just please don't call us "Fresno".
          You're in Shasta, don't worry.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            welfare crap is peanuts of the federal budget. so any "analysis" that magazines want to run that discount the major part of federal spending are a waste of mookie's time and sound foolish.
            Go fish. Defense makes up only 1/8th of our budget. Besides, that’s included in base spending, military salaries, etc.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              See the brits thread.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Go fish. Defense makes up only 1/8th of our budget. Besides, that’s included in base spending, military salaries, etc.
                what makes up a greater %?

nukes in nd are included in their "pork"?

Comment

Every blue state gets back less than they pay in.

Regarding the second paragraph. you aren’t reading what I’m saying. You’re just reacting. Our response has been abysmal. They’re citizens of the US and we’re not helping. It’s unconscionable.

We should help them with whatever they need and they should vote to become a state the next time the people who don’t hate brown people are back in power.
                  Again, they get paid 1/2 the medicare dollars than the states do. It's a HUGE problem in Puerto Rico

And, yes, I am reacting- as you brought up some tangent that seemingly justifies why we, as a country, treat our fellow US citizens in Puerto Rico like crap. Given the context of the situation, why even bring up your points? How does your interpretation of them giving the US the finger matter? Especially when that's not what happened. It's just how you see Puerto Rico for some reason.

Comment

Sounds like a Republican answer.

The discretionary part of the budget has over half going to defense. The non-discretionary part of the budget is about 2/3 of the overall budget and yes defense in the overall is about 1/8. Which is way higher than most countries on earth. Way way higher.. What angers me about people phrasing it the way you do is that we have an extremely regressive tax system in place for paying for the 2/3rd (Social Security, Medicare) and those taxes are targeted. We have no targeted taxes for infrastructure, or defense. Also, they feel free on Capital Hill to spend our Social Security money like it's part of the overall Federal Budget and use it to sell us on how we're over taxed, etc. If they had left the trust fund alone it would still have a ton of money in it. It would go broke eventually anyway but we'd have a lot longer time left with it then we do now.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It passes the house, 224-201. http://clerk.house.gov/cgi-bin/vote....rollnumber=699 (when it becomes available)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        It passes the house, 224-201. http://clerk.house.gov/cgi-bin/vote....rollnumber=699 (when it becomes available)
                        we should all be bob corker

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Maybe mookie can do his own ****ing work and provide some sort of numbers or evidence that takes defense into effect. Until then he can live with the existing studies that show that blue states give and red states receive.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Maybe mookie can do his own ****ing work and provide some sort of numbers or evidence that takes defense into effect. Until then he can live with the existing studies that show that blue states give and red states receive.
                            no. mookies job is to huff and puff and blow down shoddy research

Comment

It was an oversimplification, but it’s basically true:
                              https://www.theatlantic.com/business...takers/361668/

Also, your defense argument is kind of absurd. I can’t tell if it’s a bit.
                              I still can't get over the fact that I have a friend who just thinks all these studies are flawed because ~reasons~.

Comment

It was an oversimplification, but it’s basically true:
                                https://www.theatlantic.com/business...takers/361668/

Also, your defense argument is kind of absurd. I can’t tell if it’s a bit.
                                What's in South Carolina? Global missile defense system? War Drone Inc. HQ?
                                Federal spending 2015
                                Regarding the big one, an annoying thing is that we're providing for the defense of something like 37 countries directly. We can't afford it. Bring the boys home.
                                Last edited by geezer; 12-20-2017, 01:37 PM.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X