This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I’m interested to see how the foreign earnings piece shakes out. For strategic reasons it would be nice if we moved production back here. The rate stuff is a bunch of garbage.
    Last time I checked, no one in the US is willing to work for $11-13 a day, which is what production/packaging facilities in MExico pay.

How much of the corporate tax break will ultimately benefit shareholders? How much of that stock is owned by foreign investors? 20%? 30%? A sizable chunk of $ transferred from US people to wealthy foreign investors... News flash, that isn't "putting America first" and they don't give a **** about US jobs.

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I’m interested to see how the foreign earnings piece shakes out. For strategic reasons it would be nice if we moved production back here. The rate stuff is a bunch of garbage.
      Corporations publicly plan to pocket the tax cut
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Middle Class to Get 23% of Tax Cuts for Individuals Under GOP Bill
        https://www.wsj.com/articles/middle-...44268?mod=e2fb
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Extended quote:

Middle-income households will get $61 billion in tax cuts in 2019 under the Republican tax plan poised for passage this week, according to an analysis released late Monday by Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation.

That amounts to 23% of the tax cuts that go directly to individuals. By 2027, however, these households would get a net tax increase, because tax cuts are set to expire under the proposed law.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Extended quote:
            Well, if the tax cuts expire, wouldn't taxes go up?

Look at the positive side. It saves the Dems countless hours passing meaningless repeal bills.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Look at the positive side. It saves the Dems countless hours passing meaningless repeal bills.
              Only the middle class tax cut expires. The corporate and upper income tax cuts are forever.

Because they're the f-cking POINT of the bill.

That's the thing Republicans always elide: we don't object to the middle class tax cuts. We just want taxes on the wealthy raised to pay for them, and then raised further to claw back all the theft since 1981.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Guess which tax cuts don't expire...

Edit: Thanks a lot Kep...

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  Guess which tax cuts don't expire...
                  You get the feeling that they think Democrats will have control around that time, and are trying to pin on them a "tax increase", just like 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Side note on this- last time I checked, if a company moved a plant to Puerto Rico, it would be considered moving it to a foreign location, so it would get the extra import tax for moving production off shore. Lest we forget, Puerto Rico, as well as many other islands, are part of the United States, they are just not states. So it's amazing that we tax stuff made by Americans to be sold in the US. What in the world is that? And it just passed.

I suspect that the hundreds of thousands of Puerto Ricans who moved to Florida will have a big impact on the elections there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Only the middle class tax cut expires. The corporate and upper income tax cuts are forever.

Because they're the f-cking POINT of the bill.

That's the thing Republicans always elide: we don't object to the middle class tax cuts. We just want taxes on the wealthy raised to pay for them, and then raised further to claw back all the theft since 1981.
                      Corporate and wealthy subsidies, indeed.

And the R's continue to blame the poor for government spending all the while they hand money to the rich and corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Side note on this- last time I checked, if a company moved a plant to Puerto Rico, it would be considered moving it to a foreign location, so it would get the extra import tax for moving production off shore. Lest we forget, Puerto Rico, as well as many other islands, are part of the United States, they are just not states. So it's amazing that we tax stuff made by Americans to be sold in the US. What in the world is that? And it just passed.

I suspect that the hundreds of thousands of Puerto Ricans who moved to Florida will have a big impact on the elections there.
                        It's a colony. If it were a territory, they'd be considered as you describe.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          It's a colony. If it were a territory, they'd be considered as you describe.
                          dude, they are STILL American citizens. Colony, territory, who cares- we are taxing stuff made in the US for the US and considering it foreign. That is insane.

Comment

I will say this about Puerto Rico, they had an opportunity to become a state but said, “**** your income tax.” Maybe next time that income tax wouldn’t be so bad.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No. Everything but Middle Class and poor people tax cuts are set to never expire.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I will say this about Puerto Rico, they had an opportunity to become a state but said, “**** your income tax.” Maybe next time that income tax wouldn’t be so bad.
                                It apparently got ground up in a local and corrupt political dispute.

I think 50 states / 100 Senators is a huge psychological barrier to adding more states. We'll have to start expelling a few before the obvious fixes (DC, PR, splitting CA).

Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X