This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

New Tax Law – a new tax law could make trades for NHL teams in the United States more difficult. According to the New York Times a new tax law could mean that teams will face capital gains taxes every time a player is traded. “The law changed a corner of the tax code that mostly applies to farmers, manufacturers and other businesses that until recently could swap certain assets like trucks and machinery tax-free. But by adding a single word to the newly written tax code — ‘real’ — the law now allows only real estate swaps to qualify for that special treatment.” “We are looking in to it,” commissioner Gary Bettman told Sportsnet on Tuesday
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      New Tax Law – a new tax law could make trades for NHL teams in the United States more difficult. According to the New York Times a new tax law could mean that teams will face capital gains taxes every time a player is traded. “The law changed a corner of the tax code that mostly applies to farmers, manufacturers and other businesses that until recently could swap certain assets like trucks and machinery tax-free. But by adding a single word to the newly written tax code — ‘real’ — the law now allows only real estate swaps to qualify for that special treatment.” “We are looking in to it,” commissioner Gary Bettman told Sportsnet on Tuesday
      So? It's about high time it's treated as such. Especially if people are commodities, like we're in the slave days or something.

Comment

Why only nhl?

If it's to another country the blue jays could lose a lot of trading partners?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          So? It's about high time it's treated as such. Especially if people are commodities, like we're in the slave days or something.
          Yes, poor NHL players, barely able to scrape by on their meager slave wages. They go into that job, thinking they'll only ever have to play in that one location and they could never go to another team. They're all completely blindsided by the business model to which they've become indentured servants.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

New York, New York, a ghost town???

https://nypost.com/2018/04/07/the-wo...host-town/amp/
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Doubtful. The cities will be the last places where shopping dies. Ma and Pa Kettle can buy anything they want from mass production online conveyor belts. The type of shopping that people do in the real cities is still a whole cultural "be seen" thing. It is it's own world.

NYC will go on long after El Paso and Columbus are dead. And Milan and Paris will go on long after NYC is dead.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

About the "no overtime" thing at my plant: well, that might have worked for the holidays. But when you fall behind, it's "oh. Would you mind staying a little later?"

We don't have a union.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The rent is 2 dam high!

Oh, but so many great things happen in cities because they're liberal!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    The rent is 2 dam high!

Oh, but so many great things happen in cities because they're liberal!
                    You can tell how much worse cities are than the country by all the people who live th-- oh wait!
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      You can tell how much worse cities are than the country by all the people who live th-- oh wait!
                      My kid just rented a one bedroom apt in Brooklyn for 2200 a month. Nice neighborhood by the pics, still 1.5 hrs to his job at JFK but only 45 minutes for his GF
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        My kid just rented a one bedroom apt in Brooklyn for 2200 a month. Nice neighborhood by the pics, still 1.5 hrs to his job at JFK but only 45 minutes for his GF
                        My niece has a 1BR also in Brooklyn and is paying a bit more.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                        X