This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

West Virginia teachers end their two week long strike after the legislature finally gives them a raise.

Good on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Some democrats (about a dozen or so according to the article, including Tim Kaine Hillary's VP pick) decided to help out Republicans with banking deregulation and the rollback of Dodd-Frank (one of Obama's few meaningful accomplishments). Can't imagine why they lost so badly in 2016... https://www.vo*****/policy-and-polit...apo-regulation
      Dems need mtges too
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Some democrats (about a dozen or so according to the article, including Tim Kaine Hillary's VP pick) decided to help out Republicans with banking deregulation and the rollback of Dodd-Frank (one of Obama's few meaningful accomplishments). Can't imagine why they lost so badly in 2016... https://www.vo*****/policy-and-polit...apo-regulation
        Bribery. It gets the job done.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Bribery. It gets the job done.
          True, though even some of the ones who do get bribed by the financial industry are against this bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Heh. My brother-in-law was employee #10 for Miso Robotics - bunch of Caltech and Cornell nerds. He doesn't mind putting 100s of thousands out of work, though, since he believes in UBI.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

JP Morgan says the markets could drop 40% in the next couple of years.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                JP Morgan says the markets could drop 40% in the next couple of years.
                And it could go up 40%, too. Do they give a probability or are they trying to scare everybody to sell to so their traders can make commissions?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  And it could go up 40%, too. Do they give a probability or are they trying to scare everybody to sell to so their traders can make commissions?
                  Companies give guidance to help investors in general and their clients in particular protect themselves. Doubt that the $8 per trade will move the needle for a company like JPM.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

It's probably just wild conjecture. It's not the trading, it's the management of money and wealth. This is just a way to get those fee-based people who own tens of millions to get back in and start moving **** around.

Of course the market could drop 40%. It could drop 40% tomorrow if the Norks drop a bomb on Seoul. Or it could go up 40% in the next few years.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Given the state of wages, the general velocity of the stock market, a semi-lethargic growth rate of GDP, what's a more like scenario between a 40% gain or a 40% loss? I think 40% is too much, but they probably have a more complete set of numbers than I do, and mix in some anti-Trump feelings with regards to his trade deficit blathering lately, and there you have it.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

There's no question there will be major corrections, it's only a matter of when.

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/manning-s...ain/476194673/

Looks like Peyton had some insider information that wasn't available to the buyers. I think that's probably illegal.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Looks like Peyton had some insider information that wasn't available to the buyers. I think that's probably illegal.
                            Did he own steel stock, too?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Did he own steel stock, too?
                              Funny story.

These are the most hilariously corrupt crooks and thieves since Harding's thugs.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I have no idea how the deal went down, but those sorts of things are usually months to over a year in the making. I seriously doubt there was any insider info used in the decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X