Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I just did this. Went out in my forester and now home, watching a huge truck get stuck out my window.
    Saw a few bruh-trucks driving stupidly last night; however, only saw a couple of sedans in the ditch. Most people, amazingly, were driving proper given the conditions.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I’m bummed I missed a party but didn’t feel like driving there was a smart option. Didn’t even want to try and get an Uber

Comment

I’m bummed I missed a party but didn’t feel like driving there was a smart option. Didn’t even want to try and get an Uber
        If I had to drive, I probably would have skipped the party as I would guess it would have taken me a couple hours to get there, instead of the usual 45-50 minutes. Just not worth the hassle.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I just did this. Went out in my forester and now home, watching a huge truck get stuck out my window.
          Forester? Friends have one. To me it's meh.

I like the Outback because of the more extensive options (and the larger cabin and cargo space).

Drive the '18 Crosstrek. You'll never look at a Forester again. (However, the Crosstrek needs the Outback option package groups to be perfect.)
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I like the Outback because of the more extensive options (and the larger cabin and cargo space).

Drive the '18 Crosstrek. You'll never look at a Forester again. (However, the Crosstrek needs the Outback option package groups to be perfect.)
            My sister has a cross trek. I think the outback’s are ugly. I like the forester just fine, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Buy a Subaru; make a path out of the neighborhood for all the Silverados and Rams and F-150s.
              Is there actually anything about subaru's that make them superior in the snow to any other awd vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                Is there actually anything about subaru's that make them superior in the snow to any other awd vehicle?
                The name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The name.
                  Yeah, if you gave me a lineup of AWD vehicles and asked me to choose which would be best in the snow, I'm looking at the tires first, not the make.

Comment

The name.
                    From what I recall they have some symmetrical awd system also

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Buy a Subaru; make a path out of the neighborhood for all the Silverados and Rams and F-150s.
                      Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

My Subaru can get up my steep driveway in about 7-8 in of snow even when my tires are crappy. The guy next door with an Army grade Hum Vee (surplus from when the base closed) cannot get up my driveway. He has plowed and dealt with snow for a living. Love my Bru.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        My Subaru can get up my steep driveway in about 7-8 in of snow even when my tires are crappy. The guy next door with an Army grade Hum Vee (surplus from when the base closed) cannot get up my driveway. He has plowed and dealt with snow for a living. Love my Bru.
                        My old Jeep Wrangler would have taken on all comers. She was a beast. That being said, it's still about the driver 90% of the time.

Comment

I've been driving since 1976, mostly 4WD trucks, FWD and AWD cars. I also have done a fair bit of towing & recovery over the years. I currently drive a Dodge Ram 3500 4WD pickup and a Subaru Crosstrek. The truck (used primarily for plowing) gets the nod in deep snow, but I don't hesitate to drive the Subie in the white stuff. For whatever reason, the Subaru AWD system just flat out works. I have no idea what they do differently but they certainly have it figured out. In all my years towing, Subaru's were one of the brands I hardly ever saw (very few breakdowns)... that has to be worth something too.

As Brent said, the driver is probably still the most important part. Unfortunately, the number of "good" drivers on the road seems to diminish almost daily.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            As Brent said, the driver is probably still the most important part. Unfortunately, the number of "good" drivers on the road seems to diminish almost daily.
                            Truth. I've had 4 vehicles in my life. A 4Cyl Corsica, a 6Cyl Corsica, a 6Cyl Wrangler, and a 6Cyl Camaro. Never ditched any of those. Zero accidents, minus one scuff a couple weeks ago, in a parking lot that was pure BS. I'm finding that it's not the SUVs that people don't know how to drive, it's the bruh-trucks/aka "I have 4WD, whatever" that are in the ditch. If you look back, we spent 60-70 yrs with RWD and survived...just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Truth. I've had 4 vehicles in my life. A 4Cyl Corsica, a 6Cyl Corsica, a 6Cyl Wrangler, and a 6Cyl Camaro. Never ditched any of those. Zero accidents, minus one scuff a couple weeks ago, in a parking lot that was pure BS. I'm finding that it's not the SUVs that people don't know how to drive, it's the bruh-trucks/aka "I have 4WD, whatever" that are in the ditch. If you look back, we spent 60-70 yrs with RWD and survived...just sayin'.
                              It's the Forever 21 broodsow hovering at the bus stop so her snowflake won't be abducted by MS-13, slit open, and used as a drug mule corpse.

Accidents are caused by:

1. Drunks
                              2. Kids
                              3. Non-working mothers

The Bristol Palin Hat Trick.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 02-26-2018, 06:55 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

...I'm finding that it's not the SUVs that people don't know how to drive, it's the bruh-trucks/aka "I have 4WD, whatever" that are in the ditch. If you look back, we spent 60-70 yrs with RWD and survived...just sayin'.
                                When learning to drive growing up, the family motto was:
                                "Four wheel drive just gets you stuck further."

The only four wheel drive vehicle in the whole family growing up was my Grandfather's Jeep CJ5 used for plowing.

First car was a 1990 RWD Thunderbird (sadly not the Supercoupe) that successfully got me through three winters of UP snow before the frame rusted in half the fourth year I drove it.

Key to successfully not having your a** dumped in the ditch by your car in winter? Don't panic. Once you panic, you're along for the ride wherever that car stops.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X