Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    They're coming from all over the USA. Some places have only seen snowplows in picture books.
    Well good for them, hope they learn fast. This is hockey. Hockey is played in the snow, ice and cold, if you can't deal with that, take up bowling.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Kichizapi Chetan

"If you don't play this game with a lot of heart and a big bag of knuckles, you don't got dinky-doo."

It takes heart to be in the northern plains in the winter.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    It takes lack of other options to be in the northern plains in the winter.
    Your post. Fixed it did I.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Your post. Fixed it did I.
    Don't you live in Trumpville, MD?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah, and it probably has to do a lot with newer contracts the districts sign. I wouldn't be shocked if the bus companies and maybe even teacher's unions have clauses where you need to make a decision by a certain time the night before or you still pay.
    People don't seem to understand how difficult it is to get weather predictions right, with the ability for it all to have one seemingly small part of the equation change and make the whole prior prediction invalid. Let alone, they nailed the prediction with exception to the timing, and that was only off by a few hours. I got off work at 3:00, and while on the bus ride home, the roads became whiter and whiter. In fact, it was near white-out conditions by the time I got into my car.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    People don't seem to understand how difficult it is to get weather predictions right, with the ability for it all to have one seemingly small part of the equation change and make the whole prior prediction invalid. Let alone, they nailed the prediction with exception to the timing, and that was only off by a few hours. I got off work at 3:00, and while on the bus ride home, the roads became whiter and whiter. In fact, it was near white-out conditions by the time I got into my car.
    I picked up my wife at work yesterday, it was snowing, we decided to go to happy hour instead of driving home. Snow can suck my dick.

RIP - Kirby

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I picked up my wife at work yesterday, it was snowing, we decided to go to happy hour instead of driving home. Snow can suck my dick.
    I drove from Apple Valley to Mendota Heights to meet up with my fiancée, but that took 45 minutes, and I stayed until 11:00PM. It would've normally taken about 15 minutes for that drive if not for the weather.

There's now a giant mound of snow on the south side of my driveway from the plows (townhome). It's a minimum of 8.5 feet tall, might be close to 10'. I only saw it briefly while leaving the house this morning.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Don't you live in Trumpville, MD?
    He swam the Potomac. I, on the other hand, live in deep blue Montgomery County. Red starts at the western and northern borders.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Nova this week talked about just that. How one tiny change in a single variable can have an enormous impact on the calculations when it’s 24-hours in advance. They showed the progression of just the jet stream predictions using something like 1-7 day spaghetti plots and then compared them to the actual. It was pretty incredible how accurate they are.

Obviously they still get things wrong. But people get ****ed because “they said it was going to snow here, this amount, and at this time. And it didn’t”

Well, actually, it did snow slightly later, slightly less. Unless you look 30 miles away where it did snow, at that time, that amount. 30 miles is a remarkablely accurate prediction. Humans, aided by computers, are accurately predicting the future.

That’s incredible and one of the greatest scientific achievements in history.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That’s incredible and one of the greatest scientific achievements in history.
    Like the Shakeweight.

RIP - Kirby

there's a good buck in that racket.
    The “ice bj” is fun (and mookie isn’t talking about a sloppy from a Guatemalan)

Lucia Apologist

Jeebus. Now half the lunchroom wants to know what’s so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    The “ice bj” is fun (and mookie isn’t talking about a sloppy from a Guatemalan)
    I'd be worried about frostbite.

RIP - Kirby

I was just going to post "Brrrrr" but mookie did a better job.

Gives one incentive to come quicker

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Gives one incentive to come quicker
    Oh, Mookie, you need to enjoy the process!

RIP - Kirby

blue balls?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    4 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

This went downhill quickly...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    This went downhill quickly...
    That's what she said?

Oh, Mookie, you need to enjoy the process!
    Next you're going to ask if she enjoyed it too??

Thread Information