Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The traffic map for the Twin Cities reads like a circulatory system right now.
    From my house to the Apple Valley transit station is normally a 13-minute drive. Today it took 40 minutes. And one stalled Dodge. The bus, once it arrived, actually took about a normal amount of time from the station to Minneapolis. Having use of the highway shoulders helped tremendously.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Tires on the new vehicle suck in this. Rats. Don't have the funds to get some winter shoes on it at the moment. Forced to be that guy everyone screams at. Glad I have a manual. Starting in second got me to work today.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That's not circulatory then. You need a blue for every red or you're having a seizure.
        The blue is the ice covering all of the roads.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Tires on the new vehicle suck in this. Rats. Don't have the funds to get some winter shoes on it at the moment. Forced to be that guy everyone screams at. Glad I have a manual. Starting in second got me to work today.
          What kind of car and tires, if you don't mind me asking? I'm at ~42K on my factory 40K tires right this moment. They still have a couple thousand left on them, which is nice, but I'm planning for my new tires shortly.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/cityoakdale...59803404590284

Holy crap. Here’s a picture of the pipe that failed. I’ve never seen a failure like that for a “young” pipe. That looks like sh-it metal.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well, to go 3 blocks to turn out of my basically dedicated road to cross another main road: 20 minutes.
              The next 5 miles to work, once I got past that intersection? 10 minutes.

Funniest thing: seeing SUVs, sedans, and pickup trucks spinning wheels at intersections and such. Me? Not a single slip-up. I drove fine, in a friggin' muscle car.

Most anger-inducing thing? Seeing folks block the intersection because THEY HAD TO MAKE THIS LIGHT PERIOD! and effing it up for the cross-traffic.
              Last edited by The Rube; 12-05-2017, 10:18 PM.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                https://www.facebook.com/cityoakdale...59803404590284

Holy crap. Here’s a picture of the pipe that failed. I’ve never seen a failure like that for a “young” pipe. That looks like sh-it metal.
                Be interesting to be the metallurgist figuring out why that cracked like that. Wonder how many gallons leaked out of that before they shut it off
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Over a million I’m guessing.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Be interesting to be the metallurgist figuring out why that cracked like that. Wonder how many gallons leaked out of that before they shut it off
                    Flex Seal or Flex Tape would have solved the problem in minutes.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Reports are 1-2 million gallons leaked.
                      Code:

Comment

3 inches of snow forecast for Atlanta tomorrow. How Atlanta residents will respond tonight:

Comment

College Station getting a bit more...

@ericfisher: College Station is the new Caribou, ME https://***********/KHOULauren/statu...53217521672195
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            3 inches of snow forecast for Atlanta tomorrow. How Atlanta residents will respond tonight:

Dr. Mrs. has a reaction analogous to snow snobbery when the temperature goes over 110 and people freak out. She laughs and goes out in it to play tennis.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Dr. Mrs. has an analog to snow snobbery when the temperature goes over 110 and people freak out. She laughs and goes out in it to play tennis.
                              I'm warm-blooded. I stay in as much as possible once it hits 90.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I'm warm-blooded. I stay in as much as possible once it hits 90.
                                I stay the f-ck out of snow, now, and I used to be miserable in the winter if there wasn't at least 2 feet standing and more coming.

OTOH, I used to love days > 100 in NY at the beach with a breeze, and now I've stretched that up to about 108 in the Southwest. At 115, though, I draw the line. I honestly think Dr. Mrs. would be OK with 130* as long as she had a big floppy hat and a tanker truck of water.

* And I guess we'll find out.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X