Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Blizzard warning for Jefferson County (Watertown, NY). I remember tbose days.

As to washing the car, if it gets above 50 during the day and above freezing at night, I go for it.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      It's too cold to wash cars around here. Most places have closed down their car washes.

I try to wash it when it's warm enough to not have the doors and locks freeze shut and in need of a wash. It looks like it'll be a while before that happens.
      The good news is that it being this cold means the solution isn't tearing at your paint very badly. It's much more active when it is a bit warmer. This is why cars in heated garages rust out fast if they aren't rinsed off regularly.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Major mess in Buffalo again today.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_dis...icle_id=60217&
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I need to lubricate my garage door's spring. The automatic garage door opener only gets a few inches off the ground before it stops. Right now I have to hit the opener's button and pull up a little on the door for it to fully open. It's likely due to the spring being too cold and needing some lube. I have some lithium-based lube at home, and used it this past fall, but must not have done a very good job of getting the whole spring covered. The lubing shall commence at the end of the week.
          Why lube the spring? What king of opener is it. I'd be looking at that or the tracks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Why lube the spring? What king of opener is it. I'd be looking at that or the tracks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            The springs started creaking a bit when the door opens. I'm trying to keep them from breaking.

ETA: and I thought that perhaps the cold was causing some sort of binding in the springs, which was causing too much pressure/weight for the opener to keep the door from going all the way up, so the lubrication could only help.

I'm definitely going to get that graphite for the tracks.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Global cooling
              Globally, all temperatures are up this winter except for this confined pocket of abnormally cold in the Midwest and Northeast.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                As far as I know though, my area's still in the lead for the Golden Snowball.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                  75 vehicles involved, at least one dead
                  http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/02/wa...ay-near-depew/
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I need to lubricate my garage door's spring. The automatic garage door opener only gets a few inches off the ground before it stops. Right now I have to hit the opener's button and pull up a little on the door for it to fully open. It's likely due to the spring being too cold and needing some lube. I have some lithium-based lube at home, and used it this past fall, but must not have done a very good job of getting the whole spring covered. The lubing shall commence at the end of the week.
                    Justice Brothers is what you want. It’s literally what the pros use.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My garage door apparently didn’t go all the way up and my forester clipped the bottom brace, which ripped off. So now the bottom plastic thing is off, I think a few screws were loosened and now one of the rollers is off the track and goddammit I hate this weather

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        My garage door apparently didn’t go all the way up and my forester clipped the bottom brace, which ripped off. So now the bottom plastic thing is off, I think a few screws were loosened and now one of the rollers is off the track and goddammit I hate this weather
                        Women drivers....

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Women drivers....

I know, I know.
                          In my defense it went nearly all the way up so you couldn’t tell - I normally recognize by sound and it sounded correct. Visually I’d already popped into the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            I know, I know.
                            In my defense it went nearly all the way up so you couldn’t tell - I normally recognize by sound and it sounded correct. Visually I’d already popped into the car.
                            Mookie’s mom has backed into 3 cars in her driveway because “she didn’t expect them to be there”

So you are in the clear...

(Mookie also hisself has driven with no side view mirrors (BOTH sides), well just because...)
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

When my garage door came off the rails due to frost heave and a damaged door, I just called Great Garage Door Co. They fixed it for cheap. Said it wasn’t worth replacing the rails. Saved me some cash.

Oh, and when I said the garage door probably needed to be replaced in a year or two, the guy said the door was fine for the most part. Didn’t need to be replaced for many more years. He said it was my opener hat would need to be replaced. He even suggested that I would be able to do it myself instead of having to get it done professionally. Didn’t want to sell me something I didn’t need. I like that.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Its Armageddon in the south. School closings and late starts everywhere.

This death cyclone could cripple the city if it moves farther west than expected.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X