Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Hadn't heard about snow, but the reports I saw were that temps would be from 20 to 30 degrees colder than normal on Thursday. Reston forecast has single digit lows for Thu-Sat and highs under 20 for Fri-Sat.

I assume this means it will be 80 below in central Maine.
    20 below for more than a week at night, single digits or less during day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

There must not be any global warming.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We are above the doughnut In I don’t know how long. Of course we have to have 15-20 mph winds to go along with it.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Simulated IR on the latest GFS from tropicaltidbits.com shows our deepening low skirting awfully close to the east coast through the week. A wintercane in the making. Hurricane force winds expected... somewhere. Lots of action brewing to watch out for. www.spaghettimodels.com / www.mikesweatherpage.com / Mikes Weather Page APP
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I need to lubricate my garage door's spring. The automatic garage door opener only gets a few inches off the ground before it stops. Right now I have to hit the opener's button and pull up a little on the door for it to fully open. It's likely due to the spring being too cold and needing some lube. I have some lithium-based lube at home, and used it this past fall, but must not have done a very good job of getting the whole spring covered. The lubing shall commence at the end of the week.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I need to lubricate my garage door's spring. The automatic garage door opener only gets a few inches off the ground before it stops. Right now I have to hit the opener's button and pull up a little on the door for it to fully open. It's likely due to the spring being too cold and needing some lube. I have some lithium-based lube at home, and used it this past fall, but must not have done a very good job of getting the whole spring covered. The lubing shall commence at the end of the week.
              We've had that problem before too, in extreme cold like we've had in Minnesota lately. One thing that we've done is put a little graphite in the tracks. I think the door stops as a safety mechanism to prevent someone from getting caught in it. If the door doesn't run smoothly on the tracks, I think it'll stop as you described.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                We've had that problem before too, in extreme cold like we've had in Minnesota lately. One thing that we've done is put a little graphite in the tracks. I think the door stops as a safety mechanism to prevent someone from getting caught in it. If the door doesn't run smoothly on the tracks, I think it'll stop as you described.
                Do the same.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Thanks, I'll try that. It always stops at the same spot, only a few inches up from the concrete.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Something is happening along the East Coast midweek.

Nothing more that your average bombogenesis.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Nothing more that your average bombogenesis.
                      Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        There must not be any global warming.
                        Global cooling
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Something is happening along the East Coast midweek.

It. Is midweek now

Comment

just curious: How often does everyone wash their car in the winter? Debating if I should wash my Tribeca... I don't think I've had a vehicle encased in salt as much as the Subaru currently is...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              just curious: How often does everyone wash their car in the winter? Debating if I should wash my Tribeca... I don't think I've had a vehicle encased in salt as much as the Subaru currently is...
                              Mookie would run it through the $3 place on clear cold days. When it is warm out the melt would splash it up too care, even though you are getting the crust off

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                It's too cold to wash cars around here. Most places have closed down their car washes.

I try to wash it when it's warm enough to not have the doors and locks freeze shut and in need of a wash. It looks like it'll be a while before that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X