Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Middle son and sister went to school on the North Shore (Salem St. and Endicott). They're different than us folks.

But they know how to plow roads.
    As loathsome as Mas-sholes are, to be fair they have the best snow removal I've ever seen. Not just the utilities and pros, either. A regular Mass citizen can shovel out 5x what anybody else can.

I'm not sure they're good for anything else. Unless we're counting starting (and losing) bar fights and unwed pregnancy.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      When air temps are -10, no need to sweat a wind chill

(Mookie has a 1040a tee time tomorrow )
      Don't get your balls wet.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Can you post some? I could use some cheering up.
        Do you watch floods and hope people drown for your enjoyment?

Comment

Interesting combination of wind and snow, you'd see bare ground next to a 36" drift.

The swirling wind in back made some amazing snow terrace sculptures. I wish I could post a picture.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            There are strange people everywhere. It is important to realize that those people that you and/or I regard as strange probably look at us the same way.
            Most people look at Kep and think a hole

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              As loathsome as Mas-sholes are, to be fair they have the best snow removal I've ever seen. Not just the utilities and pros, either. A regular Mass citizen can shovel out 5x what anybody else can.

I'm not sure they're good for anything else. Unless we're counting starting (and losing) bar fights and unwed pregnancy.
              I’ve always thought the snow removal sucked in mass

Comment

Well, that was an impressive screed to read. Yikes.

The more I read Kep's posts, the less certain I am that he's joking when he says "Nuke the South".
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-04-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Well, that was an impressive screed to read. Yikes.

The more I read Kep's posts, the less certain I am that he's joking when he says "Nuke the South".
                  That'd be warmer than they are now.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I want a collective noun for both the north shore and the south shore. The north shore doesn't get enough credit -- those people are just as awful as the southies.
                    Shwhores?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I thought "too cold for snow" was really about a lack of humidity. There are temperatures which can't support enough water vapor to form snow. But that could be a complete myth.
                      That was my learning, but like you said, it could be a myth.

It sounds like mid-20s on Sat here. HEAT WAVE! I might even roll down my windows driving around, just to prove a point.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        That was my learning, but like you said, it could be a myth.

It sounds like mid-20s on Sat here. HEAT WAVE! I might even roll down my windows driving around, just to prove a point.
                        It was a myth for the 2013-2014 winter. It was dang near as cold as the last week or so for what seemed like three months, and it snowed 6 inches every other effing night.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          It was a myth for the 2013-2014 winter. It was dang near as cold as the last week or so for what seemed like three months, and it snowed 6 inches every other effing night.
                          Was that the Feb of the 50 degree swing, and we didn't hit above 32 degrees?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Was that the Feb of the 50 degree swing, and we didn't hit above 32 degrees?
                            I think so. It was the first winter where "Why the eff do I live here?" crossed my mind. I don't mind cold, but that winter tested me a bit. It was effing COLD for a real long time. Long stretches with no one day break where it was suddenly 20.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              I think so. It was the first winter where "Why the eff do I live here?" crossed my mind. I don't mind cold, but that winter tested me a bit. It was effing COLD for a real long time. Long stretches with no one day break where it was suddenly 20.
                              That stretch I am thinking of, it hit -20 and 32 in a 30 day period, and was the longest stretch of it not being above freezing ever, or something. And yet, we had that 50 degree stretch. That's insane. That doesn't even count windchill.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Looks like all inbound flights to JFK are being diverted, and anything not in the air by now is likely to be cancelled. Passengers being told they will be bussed to NYC. Have fun with that.
                                The NY Metros were basically closed by the time I got into work this afternoon. I'm not anticipating a good day tomorrow either, as I think some people are being a bit optimistic.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X