Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Sounds like we’re going to get walloped again tomorrow.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Heard about 9" expected in the metro, a bit more north of the metro.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

An of course the Weather Terrorists have overdone it again. They are already cutting that in half. Meanwhile every district cancelled school last night and we havent gotten even a centimeter yet and wont til this afternoon.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          The snow likely won't be as much as originally forecast, but the streets outside my building have a nice layer of icy slush upon which the snow will sit. That makes for the most fun!

The good side of this is that I'm getting a two-hour early parole today because of the weather.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good thing every school district in the metro cancelled...still no snow. What a hilarious miscalculation.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Good thing every school district in the metro cancelled...still no snow. What a hilarious miscalculation.
              One Jim Cantore sighting = mass panic
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They have done that here (Jamestown ND) before and no snow. This time they got it right. Coming down in sheets and the wind to come early tonight yet.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  My coworker who lives just outside of St. Cloud is getting smacked around like a Catholic school student by the storm today. He couldn't make it to Highway 10 this morning, called the boss to report absent.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    My coworker who lives just outside of St. Cloud is getting smacked around like a Catholic school student by the storm today. He couldn't make it to Highway 10 this morning, called the boss to report absent.
                    Yeah my gf tried using that as an excuse (she is a teacher) and I will say to you what I said to her...we dont live in St. Cloud it is 45 minutes away. I just drove on 3 major highways, 2 major streets, a bunch of side streets and walked on sidewalks and unsalted parking lots...I never even slipped due to having awful balance let alone the drizzle (you know the supposed skating rinks that are supposed to be out there) that is falling intermittently

The districts panicked and failed. They cant even use the "well the end of the day will be bad" BS because the HS are already letting out and now the heaviest wont be here til probably rush hour which means middle and elementary will likely miss it too. Canceling last night at 8pm based on...and this is a direct quote from the district when they called my gf "the PREDICTION of snow" (not actual snow just that snow was supposed to happen" was moronic. They could have waited and cancelled in the morning if it got bad like they always have in the past.

This is the crap we usually mock the Southern states for although at least they get an inch before they cancel. We havent even gotten a dusting.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Uh oh it started mildly snowing...districts better hurry and cancel tomorrow now!! Hell I heard there could be POSSIBLY be snow some day in the future so why not just close down all week!!
                      Last edited by Handyman; 03-05-2018, 03:25 PM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Uh oh it started mildly snowing...districts better hurry and cancel tomorrow now!! Hell I heard there could be POSSIBLY be snow some day in the future so why not just close down all week!!
                        While I get your mockery, I know that in Northern NY, they build the snow days into the schedule. They're already accounted for "days off" in September, at the start of the school year. So essentially, they'll use them one way or another, adding onto vacation weeks come March/April even without any snow, because they basically must be used.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Haven’t left my office yet but it’s snowing and blowing very hard all after a good 12 hours of rain or so. Should be interesting to see how the roads are on the commute home.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            While I get your mockery, I know that in Northern NY, they build the snow days into the schedule. They're already accounted for "days off" in September, at the start of the school year. So essentially, they'll use them one way or another, adding onto vacation weeks come March/April even without any snow, because they basically must be used.
                            They do that here too so nothing in that regard was effected.

It just seems funny to me to cancel school before a flake even hits the ground.

It is coming down pretty decent now at my house but nothing too bad. I wonder if tomorrow they will cancel because it will look doubly foolish to cancel it with no snow but make kids go after it actually snows
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Northern Maine aka " the county" has had over 100 inches of snow and 0 snow days. They go no matter what. My area has had 60 inches or so and they have used their allotted snow days plus, the school year ends later now. 10 to 18 weds night into Thursday according to the guessers. Another day of school in June

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                They do that here too so nothing in that regard was effected.

It just seems funny to me to cancel school before a flake even hits the ground.

It is coming down pretty decent now at my house but nothing too bad. I wonder if tomorrow they will cancel because it will look doubly foolish to cancel it with no snow but make kids go after it actually snows
                                When did you become a 70 year old curmudgeon?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X