Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 802

Thread: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

  1. #361
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,832

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    St Louis: Thursday's high/low: 63/55. Friday's high/low: 27/18
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


    God, that was fun...

  2. #362
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,302

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    St Louis: Thursday's high/low: 63/55. Friday's high/low: 27/18
    Where I'm sitting:

    24 hours ago: +35F
    Now: 0
    Predicted in 24 hours: -21F

    But it's OK, the 30 mph north wind the whole time has smoothed it out.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  3. #363
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,861

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Where I'm sitting:

    24 hours ago: +35F
    Now: 0
    Predicted in 24 hours: -21F

    But it's OK, the 30 mph north wind the whole time has smoothed it out.
    In Denver I have personally seen sunny and 78 be followed 24 hours later by the airport closing due to 24 inches of snow.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Drama! Romance! Bloodshed!

  4. #364
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    In Denver I have personally seen sunny and 78 be followed 24 hours later by the airport closing due to 24 inches of snow.
    I would be homicidal. You would see me on the news because I beheaded someone with a snow shovel.

  5. #365
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,861

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I would be homicidal. You would see me on the news because I beheaded someone with a snow shovel.
    And that is how #300daysofsunshine happens.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Drama! Romance! Bloodshed!

  6. #366
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    23,275

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    We are having temp flux also, but not so low that it makes me angry.

    Outlook starting with today: 61, 70, 46, 37, 43, 46

  7. #367
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I would be homicidal. You would see me on the news because I beheaded someone with a snow shovel.


  8. #368
    Alien With an Attitude
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The True North Strong and Free
    Posts
    11,303

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    In Denver I have personally seen sunny and 78 be followed 24 hours later by the airport closing due to 24 inches of snow.
    The October 97 blizzard did that in less than 12 hours. People left for work wearing shirtsleeves and froze to death in their cars by late afternoon.

    Temps in Central NY tomorrow will go from 50s in the morning to 30s by evening, with rain turning to ice to about a foot of snow on Saturday.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

  9. #369
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    114,882

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    The October 97 blizzard did that in less than 12 hours. People left for work wearing shirtsleeves and froze to death in their cars by late afternoon.

    Temps in Central NY tomorrow will go from 50s in the morning to 30s by evening, with rain turning to ice to about a foot of snow on Saturday.
    A few years ago it went from 80 to 40 or so in an hour or two. I remember that because I had the top down on my Jeep Wrangler when I left my place and by the time I got to my friends' place I was shivering like a mofo. Thought I was just imagining things. Nope.

    Yesterday it was 40 or so, and tomorrow we'll be lucky to break 0, with -20 windchills. That weather continues through the weekend. Roads were nasty today, rain-ice-snow hit many parts of the metro area. Of course, with the Vikings game on Sunday, tailgating will still be going on. Guarantee it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  10. #370
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    192,277

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.


  11. #371
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,862

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    A few years ago it went from 80 to 40 or so in an hour or two. I remember that because I had the top down on my Jeep Wrangler when I left my place and by the time I got to my friends' place I was shivering like a mofo. Thought I was just imagining things. Nope.

    Yesterday it was 40 or so, and tomorrow we'll be lucky to break 0, with -20 windchills. That weather continues through the weekend. Roads were nasty today, rain-ice-snow hit many parts of the metro area. Of course, with the Vikings game on Sunday, tailgating will still be going on. Guarantee it.
    Not only will tailgating be going on, we know a guy or two who'll be throwing projectiles at one another's junk in the middle of it all. I really wouldn't want to be the recipient of a bad miss this Sunday.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  12. #372
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Not only will tailgating be going on, we know a guy or two who'll be throwing projectiles at one another's junk in the middle of it all. I really wouldn't want to be the recipient of a bad miss this Sunday.
    I saw a couple of Vikings games at the old Met, but neither were in classic Bud Grant weather. But the only Packer game I've attended was a late Dec game, and it was frigid, snowy and windy. A biatch, but it didn't seem to change fan behavior at all. You'd have thought it was nice fall afternoon to those crazies. You can't pour enough Old Mil down me to make that work.

  13. #373
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Got a shot at the record of 61 today then it's back to the deep freeze(teens)by Sat night.
    A bad cause requires many words.

  14. #374
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,228
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Not only will tailgating be going on, we know a guy or two who'll be throwing projectiles at one another's junk in the middle of it all. I really wouldn't want to be the recipient of a bad miss this Sunday.
    Why not?
    It will immediately freeze. Numb and clotted

  15. #375

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,449

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Son #2 is on the bus to Canton and thence to Cortland. It was 54 in Canton when the bus left and it will be 19 when they leave the rink and negative numbers when they wake up in the AM.

    And the Watertown paper say 9-12" of snow tonight.

    I remember those days. Hope the bus has good tires and the driver can drive in the snow.

  16. #376
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I remember seeing this guy all the time when I still lived in that part of town. Never saw him fall. Impressive.

  17. #377
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    192,277

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.


  18. #378
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,563

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    The October 97 blizzard did that in less than 12 hours. People left for work wearing shirtsleeves and froze to death in their cars by late afternoon.

    Temps in Central NY tomorrow will go from 50s in the morning to 30s by evening, with rain turning to ice to about a foot of snow on Saturday.
    I thought in this area that was called normal.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #379
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Got a shot at the record of 61 today then it's back to the deep freeze(teens)by Sat night.
    Missed tying the record(set last year btw)by 1 degree but a lot of the 13 inches of white crap that fell last week is gone.
    A bad cause requires many words.

  20. #380
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,228
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Missed tying the record(set last year btw)by 1 degree but a lot of the 13 inches of white crap that fell last week is gone.
    Girl went out in the morning and said it was foggy to beat with a stick. Couldn’t see to back the car out of the garage

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •