Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Right this way, here's your vape pen, Supreme shirt, and compilation of bad EDM. :P

Those look seriously fun.
    It is. I drove the Crosstrek and the Toyota Corolla and looked at the Mazda 3, but liked this the best. I knew better than to try a Golf/GTI.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You got the Prius mixed up with the Civic. Just saying.

More snow here on Wed, just a couple inches. Ugh.
    I have never known a Prius owner to be big into vaping or EDM.

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

You got the Prius mixed up with the Civic. Just saying.

More snow here on Wed, just a couple inches. Ugh.
    No, the Prius gets the Coexist bumper sticker, Bernie 2020 shirt, and Whole Foods cloth bag.

Actually, what I described is more WRX.

*sashays faaaabulously back to his MX-5*
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy.

No, the Prius gets the Coexist bumper sticker, Bernie 2020 shirt, and Whole Foods cloth bag.

God, those Coexist stickers....I agree with the concept but could you BE more preachy?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I'm afraid of the WRX -- pretty sure I'd kill myself driving one of those.
    I don't have a Coexist sticker -- I do have "Love People. Cook Them Tasty Food." And while I shop at Whole Foods, I use generic bags (and shop at our local place too).

Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    I don't have a Coexist sticker -- I do have "Love People. Cook Them Tasty Food." And while I shop at Whole Foods, I use generic bags (and shop at our local place too).
    I tried local for grocery. Prices are insane comparatively. I stick to Cub. I re-use the paper bags for recycling (we have universal/one-stop for that).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

The WRX is also on my "hard veto" list. Motorcycles are also - my dad rode for years and told me I'm the last person he wants to see on one. You have to pay attention to EVERYTHING going on (especially in Michigan where deer are an epidemic,) and I'm not that person. (And then he turns around and complains that the Millennials are killing Harley-Davidson.)

Sticking with the Miata for now because I know enough Gran Turismo to be dangerous.

I tried local for grocery. Prices are insane comparatively. I stick to Cub. I re-use the paper bags for recycling (we have universal/one-stop for that).
    King Soopers (local Kroger affiliate) for main groceries. Occasional trip to Trader Joe's to supplement if I feel like treating myself.

The WRX is also on my "hard veto" list. Motorcycles are also - my dad rode for years and told me I'm the last person he wants to see on one. You have to pay attention to EVERYTHING going on (especially in Michigan where deer are an epidemic,) and I'm not that person. (And then he turns around and complains that the Millennials are killing Harley-Davidson.)

Sticking with the Miata for now because I know enough Gran Turismo to be dangerous.
    A guy in the GPL group rides a Harley, followed us on our Houghton Trip every year. We'd point out road things for him to swerve by. I love bikes, but would NEVER ride one. Nope. I don't want to worry about additional sh*. Heck, I watch my every move in my current vehicle, of course, the canary yellow doesn't help, but still.....

Our "local" is a chain of 189 stores in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, so local is relative. Our farm stands are too expensive for my taste. I tend to buy stuff at both Whole Foods and the local -- they're about .5 miles apart. Certain stuff is cheaper at the local (butter, milk, TP, etc)., but I like the quality of the veggies and some of the meat at the local. I also have a butcher that I try to visit that raises animals and owns his own slaughterhouse and is VERY reasonably priced. I wanted to do a farm share, but with the new car, I don't think I have the money to put the payment upfront.

Plus with this stupid-*** weather, who knows what the growing season will be.

I am familiar with King Soopers. I like them (they have CO Springs locations).

wubba lubba dub dub

1) CUB is local. It's owned by Super-Valu, which is based in either Edina or Hopkins, right along Highway 100.
    2) CUB is mostly a series of franchised locations, which used to be the old "Rick's Super-Valu" or "Ben's Super-Valu" stores. There are some corporate stores, and they tend to be the test locations.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

I use Cub or Hy-Vee for my shopping. Support locally in MN and in IA.

I use all sorts of cloth bags and a crate like thingy from the market. When I was a kid, living in England, there were no paper or plastic bags. Bring your own (string bag) or too bad for you. I used to bring bags to the market when they had never seen cloth ones. Looked at me real funny like.

Our "local" is a chain of 189 stores in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, so local is relative. Our farm stands are too expensive for my taste. I tend to buy stuff at both Whole Foods and the local -- they're about .5 miles apart. Certain stuff is cheaper at the local (butter, milk, TP, etc)., but I like the quality of the veggies and some of the meat at the local. I also have a butcher that I try to visit that raises animals and owns his own slaughterhouse and is VERY reasonably priced. I wanted to do a farm share, but with the new car, I don't think I have the money to put the payment upfront.

Plus with this stupid-*** weather, who knows what the growing season will be.
    Where is this butcher you speak of? We use the local meat place but it is not fresh from the hoof. Use MB or Hannafords for most everything. To go somewhere else is a bit of a hoof.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I use Cub or Hy-Vee for my shopping. Support locally in MN and in IA.
    Hy-Vee is a German company.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Hy-Vee is a German company.
    Thatís aldi

Kicizapi Cetan

I've had Outbacks and now a Crosstrek in the shed also. Love those. AWD, mileage, interior space.

But as God as my witness, I will have a WRX before I die, and it'll be an STI at that!

I have a friend with and older WRX STI.
    To quote the great and wise sage Elwood Blues, "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration" will not fail you in that ride.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Hope everyone's ready for the long-awaited return of Twitch Boy Complains About The Stupid Weather In Colorado.

High winds all over Colorado. Dust storms visible from space. DIA is on a ground stop.

Broomfield, CO reported an 86 mph gust. Some states have a word for wind like that: hurricane.

But it's sunny out!

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    I use all sorts of cloth bags and a crate like thingy from the market. When I was a kid, living in England, there were no paper or plastic bags. Bring your own (string bag) or too bad for you. I used to bring bags to the market when they had never seen cloth ones. Looked at me real funny like.

Where is this butcher you speak of? We use the local meat place but it is not fresh from the hoof. Use MB or Hannafords for most everything. To go somewhere else is a bit of a hoof.
    Bedford, NH. There are 4 licensed USDA slaughterhouses in the state and this one is 10 minutes from us. They actually just got back up and running after a suspected arson last May that burned down the processing facility. They have a great shop next door that was untouched. I love the guys who work there, just really knowledgeable and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I've had Outbacks and now a Crosstrek in the shed also. Love those. AWD, mileage, interior space.
    But as God as my witness, I will have a WRX before I die, and it'll be an STI at that!
    I have a friend with and older WRX STI.
    To quote the great and wise sage Elwood Blues, "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration" will not fail you in that ride.
    I was actually really disappointed that I didn't like the Crosstrek. I just felt like the inside felt chintzy compared with the Honda. I really like the outer styling and the AWD. I'm spoiled by having owned the Mini.
    If I got a WRX it would have to be the STI. And again...I don't trust myself driving it. I'm already having some fun with the cars I've had, I don't need more power to do more potential damage to myself.

Bedford, NH. There are 4 licensed USDA slaughterhouses in the state and this one is 10 minutes from us. They actually just got back up and running after a suspected arson last May that burned down the processing facility. They have a great shop next door that was untouched. I love the guys who work there, just really knowledgeable and friendly.

I was actually really disappointed that I didn't like the Crosstrek. I just felt like the inside felt chintzy compared with the Honda. I really like the outer styling and the AWD. I'm spoiled by having owned the Mini.
    If I got a WRX it would have to be the STI. And again...I don't trust myself driving it. I'm already having some fun with the cars I've had, I don't need more power to do more potential damage to myself.
    Up the road a piece.

Thread Information