Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    She wouldn't last 2 seconds in Michigan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...842_story.html
    “When I first moved here, I knew I was in for disgusting, muggy summers. That was clear to me,” Palombo says.
    Yes — yes! To be clear, we in Washington are so opposed to single-digit temperatures that we accepted the tradeoff of three-
    digit temperatures in August. We should not have to do both.
    **** you. We have muggy summers. A couple years ago it was so hot my thermometer melted. It's currently -4 on the way to -15. Suck it up, buttercup.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      ...A couple years ago it was so hot my thermometer melted. ...
      And that was the last time you ever bought a thermometer made from butter.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        **** you. We have muggy summers. A couple years ago it was so hot my thermometer melted. It's currently -4 on the way to -15. Suck it up, buttercup.
        As many can attest to, in the midwest (for me, MN), hit -20 probably once a year, 0 on a regular basis. Also hit 105, 95 on a regular basis. Think about that temp swing. We just deal with it. So, as ticap says, suck it up and move on.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          You realize the article is half-satire, right? The bottom line is, everyone needs to have more of the "suck it up, buttercup" attitude towards weather and traffic, and less arrogance.

Also, our definition of muggy and DC's definition of muggy differ greatly. That said, both of them pale in comparison to "Savannah muggy". Was there in early May a couple years ago, and if not for the calendar, I could've sworn it was already July/August.

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            You realize the article is half-satire, right? The bottom line is, everyone needs to have more of the "suck it up, buttercup" attitude towards weather and traffic, and less arrogance.

Also, our definition of muggy and DC's definition of muggy differ greatly. That said, both of them pale in comparison to "Savannah muggy". Was there in early May a couple years ago, and if not for the calendar, I could've sworn it was already July/August.

Southern muggy is insane. I never want to go back to FLA, or SC, for sure.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Once had a waitress in Orlando tell me she was from the Savannah/southern SC swamp area, and that Florida felt drier. As much as I hate Florida (and especially Orlando), I believed her.

By all means, do visit Savannah - great food and architecture city. Just do it in October or November, when the heat and humidity have gone from "($*$(% YOUUUUUU" to bearable.

Comment

Once had a waitress in Orlando tell me she was from the Savannah/southern SC swamp area, and that Florida felt drier. As much as I hate Florida (and especially Orlando), I believed her.

By all means, do visit Savannah - great food and architecture city. Just do it in October or November.
                I hit up Greenville in August or so for work, many years ago. I hated it. Not even just weather, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I was in Hilton Head last August. Was hot, but not off the scale Disney World muggy.

Right now it is 22° at Myrtle Beach.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    I was in Hilton Head last August. Was hot, but not off the scale Disney World muggy.

Right now it is 22° at Myrtle Beach.
                    Spent a week there in August several years ago. Hot and humid, but the sea breeze makes it OK. Biked a lot and enjoyed it.

Also spend an August week in Nola recently. Too sultry for me.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Also spend an August week in Nola recently. Too sultry for me.
                      I can't imagine why Nola wouldn't be as bad as Savannah. Same river delta/swamp arrangement.

But did the food and culture make up for it?

Comment

I can't imagine why Nola wouldn't be as bad as Savannah. Same river delta/swamp arrangement.

But did the food and culture make up for it?
                        Sure helps.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Sure helps.
                          That is where Greenville lost me. "Laid back" lifestyle compared to midwestern is pure lazy. And there's no distinctive food, or culture (southern hospitality? not there), etc to save it. Total hellhole as for that part. Nice city and all, for accommodations, but attitude and culture suck arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            That is where Greenville lost me. "Laid back" lifestyle compared to midwestern is pure lazy. And there's no distinctive food, or culture (southern hospitality? not there), etc to save it. Total hellhole as for that part. Nice city and all, for accommodations, but attitude and culture suck arse.
                            Never been, but my impression is that GSP is rednecks, and Midwestern transplants who identify with rednecks...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Plastic. But yes...

Comment

Never been, but my impression is that GSP is rednecks, and Midwestern transplants who identify with rednecks...not that there's anything wrong with that.
                                Everyone is into gardening, 20 minutes to get served water at a restaurant is normal, as long as the job is done within 2 hours of target time you're good....it was unreal. No work ethic, in hindsight.....I don't want this to get political but it's a necessary comment.....it's Trump country. (NOTE: this was about 10 years ago, the demos could have changed since then)

Comment

Working...
                                X