Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Where's the tree?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Where's the tree?
      6 feet to the left.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

The temperature is up to -4. Yes, I said up.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          The temperature is up to -4. Yes, I said up.
          I joked last night that Wunderground had Minneapolis' high temp listed at "--" for Sunday and Monday. Going through the graphs, the high was about -10 for those days. Whee.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• +6 with a chill of -6.

And I need to go for a run. Good thing I only need to run 3-4 miles today.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I joked last night that Wunderground had Minneapolis' high temp listed at "--" for Sunday and Monday. Going through the graphs, the high was about -10 for those days. Whee.
              Two negatives make a positive, right? You're warming up!
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                It's heading this way. Supposed to be down around 3 Thur am with a high of 11.
                It's down to 6 with a wind chill of -13. High temp is still supposed to be around 11 which would set a record low high for the day.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Today's the warm day in eastern ND for this week. It's + < single digits > and the wind is down.

They're saying -30s on NYE morning. (Touch the "Bitter Cold through New Year's Day" tab.)
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Today's the warm day in eastern ND for this week. It's + < single digits > and the wind is down.

They're saying -30s on NYE morning. (Touch the "Bitter Cold through New Year's Day" tab.)
                    My father used to say with, I shudder to think, genuine enthusiasm, "It's 25 below, but the sun is shining and there is no wind!"

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      My father used to say with, I shudder to think, genuine enthusiasm, "It's 25 below, but the sun is shining and there is no wind!"
                      25 below with the sun shining and no wind is great ice fishing weather.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        It is, and for him, nearly anything else you had to do outside. Except, ironically, hockey. He coached the real little ones in his later years, and they had a hard time with the deep cold, especially the feet. Old indoor but cold air rink.
                        Last edited by burd; 12-28-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Unless you've experienced it and the alternatives, you don't realize how right that man is.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Unless you've experienced it and the alternatives, you don't realize how right that man is.
                            It is remarkable how warm -- even hot -- direct sunlight can be in sub-zero temperatures, provided there is absolutely no wind.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              And the car still starts!

At Clarkson I had a huge cold cranking amp battery for a 250 cu in straight 6 and antifreeze down to -40°.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                It is remarkable how warm -- even hot -- direct sunlight can be in sub-zero temperatures, provided there is absolutely no wind.
                                People think I park my ride facing south in the winter to keep the radiator out of the north wind and having blow full of snow.

No, I do it for the solar seat and steering wheel warmer.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X