Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

St Louis: Thursday's high/low: 63/55. Friday's high/low: 27/18
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      St Louis: Thursday's high/low: 63/55. Friday's high/low: 27/18
      Where I'm sitting:

24 hours ago: +35F
      Now: 0
      Predicted in 24 hours: -21F

But it's OK, the 30 mph north wind the whole time has smoothed it out.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Where I'm sitting:

24 hours ago: +35F
        Now: 0
        Predicted in 24 hours: -21F

But it's OK, the 30 mph north wind the whole time has smoothed it out.
        In Denver I have personally seen sunny and 78 be followed 24 hours later by the airport closing due to 24 inches of snow.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          In Denver I have personally seen sunny and 78 be followed 24 hours later by the airport closing due to 24 inches of snow.
          I would be homicidal. You would see me on the news because I beheaded someone with a snow shovel.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I would be homicidal. You would see me on the news because I beheaded someone with a snow shovel.
            And that is how #300daysofsunshine happens.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

We are having temp flux also, but not so low that it makes me angry.

Outlook starting with today: 61, 70, 46, 37, 43, 46
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  The October 97 blizzard did that in less than 12 hours. People left for work wearing shirtsleeves and froze to death in their cars by late afternoon.

Temps in Central NY tomorrow will go from 50s in the morning to 30s by evening, with rain turning to ice to about a foot of snow on Saturday.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    The October 97 blizzard did that in less than 12 hours. People left for work wearing shirtsleeves and froze to death in their cars by late afternoon.

Temps in Central NY tomorrow will go from 50s in the morning to 30s by evening, with rain turning to ice to about a foot of snow on Saturday.
                    A few years ago it went from 80 to 40 or so in an hour or two. I remember that because I had the top down on my Jeep Wrangler when I left my place and by the time I got to my friends' place I was shivering like a mofo. Thought I was just imagining things. Nope.

Yesterday it was 40 or so, and tomorrow we'll be lucky to break 0, with -20 windchills. That weather continues through the weekend. Roads were nasty today, rain-ice-snow hit many parts of the metro area. Of course, with the Vikings game on Sunday, tailgating will still be going on. Guarantee it.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        A few years ago it went from 80 to 40 or so in an hour or two. I remember that because I had the top down on my Jeep Wrangler when I left my place and by the time I got to my friends' place I was shivering like a mofo. Thought I was just imagining things. Nope.

Yesterday it was 40 or so, and tomorrow we'll be lucky to break 0, with -20 windchills. That weather continues through the weekend. Roads were nasty today, rain-ice-snow hit many parts of the metro area. Of course, with the Vikings game on Sunday, tailgating will still be going on. Guarantee it.
                        Not only will tailgating be going on, we know a guy or two who'll be throwing projectiles at one another's junk in the middle of it all. I really wouldn't want to be the recipient of a bad miss this Sunday.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Not only will tailgating be going on, we know a guy or two who'll be throwing projectiles at one another's junk in the middle of it all. I really wouldn't want to be the recipient of a bad miss this Sunday.
                          I saw a couple of Vikings games at the old Met, but neither were in classic Bud Grant weather. But the only Packer game I've attended was a late Dec game, and it was frigid, snowy and windy. A biatch, but it didn't seem to change fan behavior at all. You'd have thought it was nice fall afternoon to those crazies. You can't pour enough Old Mil down me to make that work.

Comment

Got a shot at the record of 61 today then it's back to the deep freeze(teens)by Sat night.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Why not?
                              It will immediately freeze. Numb and clotted
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Son #2 is on the bus to Canton and thence to Cortland. It was 54 in Canton when the bus left and it will be 19 when they leave the rink and negative numbers when they wake up in the AM.

And the Watertown paper say 9-12" of snow tonight.

I remember those days. Hope the bus has good tires and the driver can drive in the snow.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X