X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ha! Does that mean HR and I can change our votes if something "goes dreadfully wrong" at RPI tonight?
    There's a loophole in everything...this sounds 'bout right!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      To your points on our PP play to date. I too like the 2 man behind the goal approach. It worked one the few times they tried last year and once earlier this year. Nothing worse for a goalie than having 2 uncovered men working behind the net. What I did not see was a lot of head and body moves to throw The Hawk or PC D-men off this weekend. you need to force the first move for this to work effectively.
      Last year

I believe we started with a very high PP % the first half of the year. And then, like many things UNH, we settled into a good but not exceptional %. We often leave the first grouping out their a bit to long, granted it can be hard to change sometimes.

I would like to see a front with Eisermen, Vela, Blackburn and 3vR with Gildon on the moving point.

In terms of a date for Chuck? Humm, feels like 1/20 - second Alfond game.

A topic yet to be on this threads agenda is the DU Night! Only one real game after the UVM twin bill on 2/9&10. Not going to happen on 2/14. Will we see it on Senior night? Not sure how that feels to the seniors? Yes he does deserve a big send off but I like the opportunity to recognize the seniors.
      What say you all?
      In looking at the schedule seems like the UVM weekend is all about Coach Umile with the "bobble head" giveaway, etc. going on both nights; so thinking that weekend is going to be the big one as far as he goes. That being said I imagine there might be other stuff. I doubt he'd want to impose on Senior night; it's for them. Haven't been able to hear ONE of the visiting coaches as they honor him; our lousy sound system?

And yes, I go on record saying our PP is very anemic at the moment...time for an infusion!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

For those that can't make the trip tonight, RPI-TV has the feed. Excellent quality and price. The broadcasters aren't that bad either.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          LOL! I think Abbie went mainstream later in life! Could be wrong about that. Go figure! Haha
          Actually he did not. He was hiding out from the FBI for quite awhile. You maybe thinking of his partner in crime back then, Jerry Rubin, who did a famous turn on the second episode of Saturday Night Live, playing a pitchman selling wallpaper with revolutionary slogans.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            For those that can't make the trip tonight, RPI-TV has the feed. Excellent quality and price. The broadcasters aren't that bad either.
            Looking forward!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
              Actually he did not. He was hiding out from the FBI for quite awhile. You maybe thinking of his partner in crime back then, Jerry Rubin, who did a famous turn on the second episode of Saturday Night Live, playing a pitchman selling wallpaper with revolutionary slogans.
              Yup, sad ending for Abbie, after giving himself up in 1980, serving four months in prison, then being diagnosed as bi-polar, before committing suicide in 1989 at age 52. As the famous basketball player Bill Walton said, "Abbie was not a fugitive from justice, justice was a fugitive from him." But, to stay on track here, I could not find anywhere that Abbie was a college hockey fan, despite growing up in Woostah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Yup. You're right. Did a search. Rubin became a successful entrepreneur in the 80'$. Haha
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Here are the updated NRN predictions to date. The cut-off date remains before the Army game this weekend:

1/06/18 vs. Brown @ home: Snively65, HockeyRef
                  1/12/18 vs. BU @ home: phb
                  1/19/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: Dan, deltabravo
                  1/20/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: After the Whistle
                  1/26/18 vs. UConn @ home: Aerman
                  2/03/18 vs. UMass @ home: WIS

Still a lot of you regulars and semi-regulars holding out on the NRN fun ... or maybe posturing to wait for the RPI result to fine-tune your predictions perhaps? It's OK per the rules, but the bidding ends soon, so don't get left out!
                  Ah, what the feck, I'll go with 1/12 vs. BU!
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    Are you one of the broadcasters, jericho?

In any case, I agree with all of the above, excellent quality video at the right price, and good commentary. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Here are the updated NRN predictions to date. The cut-off date remains before the Army game this weekend:

Still a lot of you regulars and semi-regulars holding out on the NRN fun ... or maybe posturing to wait for the RPI result to fine-tune your predictions perhaps? It's OK per the rules, but the bidding ends soon, so don't get left out!
                      1/20/18 vs. Maine @Alfond

Comment

Hoping for the Brown game but will go with the first game at Maine

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Alllll righty then! 1/20/18 vs. Maine @ Alfond
                          UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Are you one of the broadcasters, jericho?

In any case, I agree with all of the above, excellent quality video at the right price, and good commentary. Good luck the rest of the way.
                            Jericho did the color.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

1/12/18 vs. BU @ home: phb, e.cat (lower case day, apparently)
                              1/19/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: Dan, deltabravo, Nifty16
                              1/20/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: After the Whistle, Scott, scoreboard

Still a few regulars and semi-regulars holding out. Folks, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, don't miss out.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

1/12/18 vs. BU @ home: phb, e.cat (lower case day, apparently)
                                1/19/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: Dan, deltabravo, Nifty16
                                1/20/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: After the Whistle, Scott, scoreboard

Still a few regulars and semi-regulars holding out. Folks, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, don't miss out.
                                What's the current #?
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X