X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Originally posted by HockeyRef
    At this point we should be praying they get enough games in so that Grasso gets his red shirt.
    At this rate, Grasso is probably praying they don't ... the outlook for this team three seasons out is downright dire.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Having lived through numerous similar "typical January" UNH Hockey experiences, I'm still surprised at this one.
      I know. The coaches looked at this roster and said "that's a ninth place team." Can't believe they're underperforming and are in 10th. If only they could play up to their talent level.

“I’m excited to come back for the final season of my contract and still have a strong desire to win,” Umile added. “With a strong nucleus returning and exciting newcomers on the way, we are determined to get UNH hockey back to the level of annually competing in the NCAA tournament.”

“Coach Umile and I spoke about how this next season will be spent continuing the effort to re-build UNH hockey into a national caliber program that competes in the NCAA tournament and eventually the Frozen Four,” New Hampshire athletic director Marty Scarano said. “That has been, and always will be, our aspiration. We are fortunate to have Mike Souza here already changing the culture in recruiting, and he will hit the ground running at the conclusion of next year.

“We look forward to the challenge of reaching NCAAs next year and our focus is on having the program in great shape when Mike Souza takes over as head coach,” Umile said.
      But remember, it wasn't over after the German's bombed Pearl Harbor.

(Was Umile coaching back then?)
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        0-6-1 in last 7...sigh
        Now 3-10-1 in last 14 games, for 7 points. At least we are not settling for ties much this season. Only two teams have fewer points in their last 14 games, from what I could tell: RPI and Anchorage, with 5 points each; UVM also had 7 points in their last 14 games. So, things could be worse.

And, for Felger, UNH has now lost more games without Grasso (6) than with Grasso (5).

Team PK, which was third in country at the end of December, is now 7th. Team O now 33rd, D 22nd, PP 25th (good work, Souza), and P Mins 43rd (not bad, but no longer SMTs either). Finally, we are one of 15 teams without a SHG.

I spent much of the game focused on Gildon, who indeed seems to have been reined in to me, hardly breaks out with puck any longer, trying instead to thread passes to his incompetent teammates who cannot corral a puck for the life of themselves, but he is still making mistakes on front of his own net. He was one of the few players that I enjoyed watching earlier in the season. Liked what Sato brought today with multiple solo rushes with the puck down ice, but unfortunately could not finish.

And, for Tirone, now 37th in GAA and 27th in SV%, but 14th in minutes and tied for 4th in SO's.
        Last edited by Snively65; 01-14-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
          ...But remember, it wasn't over after the German's bombed Pearl Harbor...
          Tell me you're pulling our collective leg about the Germans (not German's) bombing Pearl Harbor. (If they really did, those Messerschmidt fighter bombers must have had gi-normous wing tanks.)
          Last edited by Split-N; 01-14-2018, 07:57 PM.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            One for every fan. Nice...
            That's some fuzzy math

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Good god these bc announcers are awful homers.

edit: Its Ken Hodge. Cripse, you understand how he barely got into BC academically. Hint, when you talk about your buddy, you say "Fitzy." When you are announcing, its Fitzgerald.
              Ken Hodge hasn't done the games in a few years now. It's Jon Rish and Andy Powers. No different than any other duo I've ever heard in college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                Tell me you're pulling our collective leg about the Germans (not German's) bombing Pearl Harbor. (If they really did, those Messerschmidt fighter bombers must have had gi-normous wing tanks.)
                Those Messerschmidts were Fokkers
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Don't stop him he's on a roll.

It is a little sad you don't recognize the movie reference.
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    The Non-Quest predicted record for the remaining 16 games (NQPRFTRSG) will be 0-3-1 on the morning of Jan. 15.
                    ........Again, he whistles softly and quietly walks away. Begins kicking a random empty can along the lonely road......
                    Last edited by Scott; 01-14-2018, 08:47 PM.
                    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                      Those Messerschmidts were Fokkers
                      The ones with the gi-normous wing tanks were known as Mother Fokkers.
                      UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        So you've never seen Animal House? Sigh, you youngsters missed all the best bands and most of the best movies!
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          I know. The coaches looked at this roster and said "that's a ninth place team." Can't believe they're underperforming and are in 10th. If only they could play up to their talent level.

But remember, it wasn't over after the German's bombed Pearl Harbor.

(Was Umile coaching back then?)
                          It's a good thing we beat back the Germans in the Pacific otherwise we'd all be speaking German now instead of English!
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Making Tim Stutzle and Kohei Sato native speakers, and Umile uninteligible.....
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              So you've never seen Animal House? Sigh, you youngsters missed all the best bands and most of the best movies!
                              Couldn't resist....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Ken Hodge hasn't done the games in a few years now. It's Jon Rish and Andy Powers. No different than any other duo I've ever heard in college hockey.
                                Jon Rish is, and always has been, excellent...............Andy Powers was and is unlistenable (not a word but....) , even for an Eagle fan. He'd make Johnny Most look impartial

Comment

Working...
                                X