This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Darius you WIN the internet with your cautious optimism!! Much better 'Cats!! Good for Richie Boyd earning the #1 star! Go 'Cats!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Trifecta: hockey football and Bruins!!

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        You have proved my point....
        LOL. Yup, you said I have made negative posts and I agreed. You really burned me! When the overall roster, results and recruiting for the hockey program turn around I will stop discussing how all three are preventing UNH Hockey from being truly competitive. Being a .500 team may be enough for you. It's not for me.

In the meantime, I'm interested in discussing how they've ended up in the shape they're in and how they can get back to where they were. If you don't wish to discuss that with me, don't. I will refrain from offering my opinion on your posting style...

You started this, so you can finish it...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          I'm just here to help!

You and Chuck have cornered the negativity market Chuck' s in good company
          Hey hey hey hold on a sec ... what did I do this time?

I've been predicting Coach Umile was going to make it to the hallowed NRN since the start of the season.

Jeezus ... I haven't even mentioned that Coach Mac and Coach Umile still have the same number of national titles.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

That was a great college hockey game dontcha think Dan?
            I do! I think it was exceptional! I think they tried their little hearts out! I think they all probably practiced and lifted for 14 hours this week, in addition to the two games and they went to class and I would have been proud of that effort even if they'd lost 10-0! I also think they wear their jerseys so well! And the navy blue color is my favorite! I love UNH! I think they all deserve two trophies! One for their win and one for the football teams win! Thanks for asking ecat!!
            Last edited by Dan; 12-02-2017, 08:46 PM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Hey hey hey hold on a sec ... what did I do this time?

I've been predicting Coach Umile was going to make it to the hallowed NRN since the start of the season.

Jeezus ... I haven't even mentioned that Coach Mac and Coach Umile still have the same number of national titles.
              Good points
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Gotta admit, Dan is one tenacious dude. You gotta plan for the long game if you *drop the gloves* with him.

Nice win at a pivotal time of the season for UNH. Two out of three in this stretch lets us keep the belief that UNH may be a legit challenger for the national tourney. Listen, the Quest or March or Fait Accompli is fun and goofy and all, but nothing beats having a horse in the race in late March. It's been too long, and we need to get back. I still think it's anything but certain UNH gets there, but to have some legitimate hope of getting there is something that realistically hasn't been the case in these here parts for too long.

Overall, that's a split with PC, two out of three against UML, and two single losses to BU and BC to date. Hardly disastrous, and now with a stretch of very winnable games coming up right through the Brown game - then the second chances at aforementioned BU and BC - this is a team with possible 20 win upside. Sure, the schedule was favorable from the outset, but it was the last two years as well, and we saw what happened there. Now Coach Umile has a very real chance to write a very different ending to his story than most on here (myself included) would not have predicted. No, I don't quite see the Hollywood ending. But getting back to Boston AND getting back to the national tourney would at least be representative of what most of his UNH career has been, and that would be pretty cool.

Then of course, we can sit in judgment to see how the Souza/Stewart thing works out for either bonus points OR post-retirement criticism. The fun, as they say, may never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I do! I think it was exceptional! I think they tried their little hearts out! I think they all probably practiced and lifted for 14 hours this week, in addition to the two games and they went to class and I would have been proud of that effort even if they'd lost 10-0! I also think they wear their jerseys so well! And the navy blue color is my favorite! I love UNH! I think they all deserve two trophies! One for their win and one for the football teams win! Thanks for asking ecat!!
                  Somebody's been taking a dip in the sarcasm pool today, haven't we, Dan?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Somebody's been taking a dip in the sarcasm pool today, haven't we, Dan?
                    Today?!?! 😉😁

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Trifecta: hockey football and Bruins!!
                      DRW got thrashed 10-1 in Montreal tonight. Say buh-bye Jeff Blashill, Ken Holland, etc. It's time to move on, guys.

Long ago, DRW thrashed the Habs 11-1 at their place (December '95), which got Patrick Roy traded to the Avs.

Comment

Back to the Whitt, what I did not like was Umile's insane 5-3 PP strategy with two forwards trying to pass the puck back and forth behind the PC net, allowing man-on-man coverage in front of the net, leading to not even one shot on goal (SOG) over 40 seconds of 5 on 3. I have seen this stupid strategy used by Umile before, with equally pitiful results. I just don't get it.

Comment

That was a great college hockey game dontcha think Dan?
                          It was a great game, defensively. UNH loses this game last year, guaranteed. Lots of sticks on pucks tonight which is good to see. This coming week RPI and Army. Finishing the first half strong would be nice.

Comment

I'm just here to help!

You and Chuck have cornered the negativity market Chuck' s in good company
                            That’s because I only post about 10% of what I’m thinking.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Oh, you're welcome! You bleed blue Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                                That’s because I only post about 10% of what I’m thinking.
                                (Curly) "But Moe, I'm tempermental,", (Moe) "Yeah, 10% temper and 90% mental!"

Comment

Working...
                                X