This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

McAdams promoted. Kelleher on fourth line. Still no Fregona.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Didn't pay enough attention to the D. Dawson in, don't know who's out.

Comment

Wyse on inactive list.

Comment

Brown should consider declining the next penalty. They looked rather pathetic.

Comment

I'm going to be sick.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              I'm going to be sick.
              So in three full years Danny “5 hole” Tirone leads all time in save which in the real world means they give up too many shots and he gives up too many rebounds. Even a win in OT is a loss. Why is Robinson not dressed? Give him a chance, can’t be worse.

Is it time for pitchers and catchers to report? This team is falling into the normal pattern, December on a bag of pucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                So in three full years Danny “5 hole” Tirone leads all time in save which in the real world means they give up too many shots and he gives up too many rebounds. Even a win in OT is a loss. Why is Robinson not dressed? Give him a chance, can’t be worse.

Is it time for pitchers and catchers to report? This team is falling into the normal pattern, December on a bag of pucks.
                Robinson is injured.
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Wow

Comment

December = Cupcakealooza
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

So in three full years Danny “5 hole” Tirone leads all time in save which in the real world means they give up too many shots and he gives up too many rebounds.
                      He matches and passed Regan in essentially the exact same amount of minutes played. It actually took DT a few minutes longer to hit the mark. That in mind - it's simple math to reach the conclusion that DT has faced a mere 65 more shots than Regan in their respective 6,600ish minutes. The idea that the D - and the number of shots they've allowed - have been the problem is a fallacy...

Unfortunately, all 65 of those extra shots have ended up in the net. Regan allowed 250 career goals. DT is at 315 and counting. UNH doesn't seem to offer up career GA - it would take some digging but I'd guess 315 is at least a modern day record if not all-time...

It's almost poetic - it's as if the hockey gods realized he was going to set the mark tonight and said let's offer up a game that describes his career in one outing!

---

Another note for the star vs. scrapper debate. The fourth line and third pair are all -2, the only minuses on the team tonight. Usually how it goes and something to remember next time we want to crucify the stars for a bad game...

---

I don't think it's fair or right to question effort - you know what kind of teams often look like they're not giving max effort even if they may be? Bad ones that lack talent and lose a lot. Also the idea that what the coach says in the media is what he's saying to the team is ludicrous...
                      Last edited by Dan; 01-06-2018, 08:25 PM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

The crestfallen folks at WIS have never been more disappointed to have correctly predicted a lame tie tonight.

The 2017/2018 UNH Men's Hockey season is quickly degenerating into a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

The next edition of The Quest is going to be pretty harsh, as the NRN has been stuck in neutral for a month, during a crème-filled section of the schedule where most of us had high expectations. The possibility that the NRN won't be reached - as unthinkable as that all seemed a month ago - is now an increasingly frightening reality.

HR, you're not the only one feeling sick about this. Consider this another painful step in your initiation ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Tell Me Again Mommy...
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            December = Cupcakealooza
                            Cupcake Rule One ... if you can't spot (and beat) the cupcakes on your schedule, then U(NH) are the cupcake.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                              UNH should consider declining scheduling powerhouse Brown next time. They are pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                                Lolz

Comment

Working...
                                X