X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Doubtful.
    Undefeated with Grasso out of the lineup.
    4-7-1 when he plays.
    Oops. I should have split my two sentences into separate paragraphs.
    Last edited by Snively65; 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

The teacher in me wants to make each one of them (' cept DT) write 500 times "Iwill play like a team".
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        The teacher in me wants to make each one of them (' cept DT) write 500 times "Iwill play like a team".
        From your keyboard to God's ears.
        UNH

Comment

IMHO....the Quest is done.

16 games left to the regular season - I predict a 4-9-3 finish. The team will be bounced out of the playoffs in two games.

Harsh? Maybe. I'm sticking with my pre-season prediction.
          UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Rumors have Bobby Butler making the US olympic team...

@MayorNHL
            Best news of the day! (In addition to USA winning the game today)

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Best news of the day! (In addition to USA winning the game today)
              If it makes you feel any better, Merrimack is playing DU tough after one period at Magness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                If it makes you feel any better, Merrimack is playing DU tough after one period at Magness.
                Oh yeah that makes me feel soooo much better 🙄

Ps sorry I am being the sorest of losers. Hats off to the Big Green for doing the only thing I ever ask of these 'Cats is to come to freaking play! Oops I did it again.😳
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-29-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah that makes me feel soooo much better 🙄

Ps sorry I am being the sorest of losers. Hats off to the Big Green for doing the only thing I ever ask of these 'Cats is to come to freaking play! Oops I did it again.😳
                  Dartmouth beat DU 6-5 at 5280 ft, Mac beat UNH 4-3 at the Whitt, Mac still hanging around with DU 1-1 after two at 5280 ft, so stands to reason that Dartmouth beat UNH 3-1 in their own barn. Lot of parity these days in college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Dartmouth beat DU 6-5 at 5280 ft, Mac beat UNH 4-3 at the Whitt, Mac still hanging around with DU 1-1 after two at 5280 ft, so stands to reason that Dartmouth beat UNH 3-1 in their own barn. Lot of parity these days in college hockey.
                    Maybe so but it sure doesn't seem to rub off on us. We talk about winning the games we should and pardon me aren't the last 3 those games? Dartmouth has 3 wins coming in tonight. This isn't rocket science amd it's no excuse we do not play well there (even tho our track record speaks to that)

I do get where you are coming from. Sorry there's a disconnect out there. I know we aren't gonna win em all but... (Hey Chuck we outshot them fwiw dept). I see Mack is winning 3-1. Go figure. And speaking of figuring those lines...

Lots of frustration out there tonight and yes we had some chances. 5 penalties do not help. Ok I am done talking about it.
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-29-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      IMHO....the Quest is done.

16 games left to the regular season - I predict a 4-9-3 finish. The team will be bounced out of the playoffs in two games.

Harsh? Maybe. I'm sticking with my pre-season prediction.
                      The Quest grinding to a halt at 599 would be painful, sure, but also ironically apropos to some ... let's just say the WIS board is watching the next two games VERY closely. But three losses on the trot to Army, Merrimack and Dartmouth certainly has gotten our full attention. Not the way we were looking for the 'Cats to bounce back, and now we have a Yale squad tomorrow afternoon that's probably licking its chops and looking for revenge from an earlier home loss to UNH. This is all starting to feel very queasy here, yet we can only begin to imagine how long a night this one is going to be at Chez Umile ...
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Maybe so but it sure doesn't seem to rub off on us. We talk about winning the games we should and pardon me aren't the last 3 those games? I do get wjere you are coming from. Sorry there's a disconnect out there. I know we aren't gonna win em all but...
                        No, you're absolutely right. I think if anyone came on the boards after the Providence and RPI wins and predicted UNH was going to drop their next three games (at least), we would have laughed them out of the arena. Yet here we are, and I don't see anyone laughing now. Well, except maybe for that lone townie Yale fan from last time around, but if anyone had a worse night in Hanover tonight than UNH, it had to be Yale. And to think, that poor guy still has to go home to New Haven afterwards. So all is not lost (yet), my friends.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Open letter to the Wildcats:

Dear 'Cats

Losing to Dartmouth was not in the plan to start the second half and the frustration that was on your faces as you skated off the ice last night was duly noted by your loyal fans. Who, by the way, hate seeing that look....it pains us and it's not about the loss.

You know what you are capable of when you play together; winning comes when many factors are in place and those factors are not going to be about one or two players. There is no "I" in the word TEAM. And the only place where "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary. Total cliches I know...but great teams operate from those cliches...

We know you have it in you to do well and you are going to have to find it in yourselves to bring your best to the ice from here on in. Today is a new day and you have the chance to build positive momentum right here, right now.

You put in way too much work and go through so much to be playing below your potential. Forget about yesterday and play a disciplined game that supports one another. You cannot do it alone. Forget about that 4 zip win the last time you played Yale; that game is in the past and today's game is NOW. Go get 'em 'Cats!

Sincerely HockeyRef

Comment

Dear 'Cats

Losing to Dartmouth was not in the plan to start the second half and the frustration that was on your faces as you skated off the ice last night was duly noted by your loyal fans. Who, by the way, hate seeing that look....it pains us and it's not about the loss.

You know what you are capable of when you play together; winning comes when many factors are in place and those factors are not going to be about one or two players. There is no "I" in the word TEAM. And the only place where "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary. Total cliches I know...but great teams operate from those cliches...

We know you have it in you to do well and you are going to have to find it in yourselves to bring your best to the ice from here on in. Today is a new day and you have the chance to build positive momentum right here, right now.

You put in way too much work and go through so much to be playing below your potential. Forget about yesterday and play a disciplined game that supports one another. You cannot do it alone. Forget about that 4 zip win the last time you played Yale; that game is in the past and today's game is NOW. Go get 'em 'Cats!

Sincerely HockeyRef
                            In the tradition of Chuck's "open letter to Coach Umile" several years ago, maybe before your time here; nicely done, HR.

I can no longer access any stats on the revised USCHO.com website, so I cannot see where we stand in penalty minutes, but clearly our SMT days are in the rear view mirror. From the CHN.com website, I see that we have dropped to 29th in PWR, tied with our old nemeses BU and Niagara ("slowly I turn, step by step, Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls!).

Enjoy the fine cuisine and libations in Hanover; it may all you get there this weekend. This team needs a long visit with the shrinks.

Comment

Dear 'Cats

Sincerely HockeyRef
                              Hope this works for us!!!!
                              Did anyone else notice that Lil Kel did not play at the end of the game? Not sure just when I noticed.
                              Could we be seeing our man Justin Fregona inserted somewhere today?

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                                Hope this works for us!!!!
                                Did anyone else notice that Lil Kel did not play at the end of the game? Not sure just when I noticed.
                                Could we be seeing our man Justin Fregona inserted somewhere today?
                                Fregona sitting on the pine is a travesty, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X