X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    ok I know I'm going to be sorry I asked, but, do explain the dopey penguin????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWA8QpqFlIQ
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Because it is e.cat, must be Digital Advanced Cupcake Analytics, make it DACA.V2, to avoid confusion.
      One man's cupcake is another man's coeffient!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• I can hear her roar now...
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Yep...just as I expected...ha! Story of my UNH fandom...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I have been away for a while. Is Dick Umile still the coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by WNTKPROD View Post
              Yes and this season is his last...

Comment

Originally posted by WNTKPROD View Post
                Technically, yes. Realistically, he's in a fairway bunker on the 18th somewhere down near Key Largo.

I'm not sure anyone's in charge these days. No wins in almost two months, non-existent recruiting (except for that 15 yr. old German kid ), other previous recruits deserting the Good Ship Wildcat. Not a pretty picture.

On second thought, it appears Coach has "been away for a while" too ...
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Is there room for a new contest? Predict where and against whom UNH will play in the MBPBEGAM round. I am bidding in North Andover.

Comment

WNTK Production, Umile has an ironclad contract to be coach, and don't you dare insinuate that he might quit on the team before that contract expires. He's going to change the culture of the team from the malais that the prior administration produced, and would do so for another couple of years if offered that opportunity to do the right thing for his school.

Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
                    Pretty sure his contracts were in 5 year increments. Didn't get this 3 year until Souza was signed on the dotted line. Marty was stalling on the extension until this plan went into place. Marty had abandoned the Borek/ Stewie plan threatened national search. Now everyone is happy! If DU really loved his alma mater he would have stepped down 5-7 years ago when he retired. Too bad his legacy will be tarnished for Money!
                    Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
                    And yes should have retired, now he hurting the school he loves. He Hung it up a few years ago just at full salary. Again I take no pleasure in writing this but I heard about all the frustrations behind the curtain, for at least 5 years. It's a shame, the recruiting landscape ain't getting any easier, big 10, ASU how long until a PAC 12? Hockey's not a regional sport anymore. Can't fall behind now!
                    Last edited by NCAA watcher; 01-24-2018, 08:34 AM.
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

"Charlie Kelleher Steps Up For UNH"
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                        I liked seeing CK on the first line at the beginning of the season, and I thought that it was a mistake to replace him there when Grasso came back. I would have preferred to see Grasso return to join his linemates from last seadon. This season has been pretty much one long slide into oblivion since moving CK off the first line, I think. Anyway, nice article, Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          I liked seeing CK on the first line at the beginning of the season, and I thought that it was a mistake to replace him there when Grasso came back. I would have preferred to see Grasso return to join his linemates from last seadon. This season has been pretty much one long slide into oblivion since moving CK off the first line, I think. Anyway, nice article, Mike.
                          Totally agree. Last year, we didn't have the D but we scored some goals. This year we have better D and aren't scoring the goals (well, at least we got 5 this weekend and I don't care about whether or not Maine's goalie was on or off, how soft the goals are, etc...). ChKell looks good playing with Vela and Nazarian. (from my small sample of years could they be another Sorkin, Goumas and Willows line)?

MacAdams/Kelleher; both Frosh/both bring diff elements to the game. I'm impressed with them so far (despite their numbers). Need the upperclassman to step up and pot some goals too. Anyway...let's see how it all goes the rest of the way. Thanks for the article Mike; appreciate it!! Needed the positive right now! Go 'Cats!

Ps. Just win this weekend Wildcats; make my trip to Hartford worthwhile!
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-24-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Is there room for a new contest? Predict where and against whom UNH will play in the MBPBEGAM round. I am bidding in North Andover.
                            At home against UConn
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

I'll take us as the 9 seed going to the Flagship.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                                I'll take us as the 9 seed going to the Flagship.
                                I'll take some of that action, too. The end of Coach's career takes place in ... Amherst. Yeah, that works.

How ironic, considering that's where Coach almost left for when he was negotiating that lifetime contract of his.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X